Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spy shot of the 05 Mercedes ML350. Starting to take some cues from Mitsu and Jeep with the flare around front and rear fenders.
05 Mercedes ML350

·
5,244 Posts
Drove yesterday from the airport and quickly approached Mercedes what I thought was ML 320. When got closer saw ML350........Got me thinking. Was too tired to look for the details.......

Anyway, they are definitely on the market now.

·
5,244 Posts
Commanding off-road abilities and a wealth of luxurious features make the ML350 a versatile, inviting and thoroughly invigorating SUV.

MSRP $38,670.00*
Engine 3.7L 18-valve V-6 engine
Net Power 232 hp @ 5,750 rpm
Net Torque 254 lb-ft @ 3,000 - 4,500 rpm

The above is an excerpt from MB website.

I have tried to price it - with just a few options the price goes to $45k. I am not sure if it is worth the money. But then again when one is buying MB is buying prestige............

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MSFIVEIRON

Your right about the Kia Resemblance, I hadn't thought about it until you pointed it out. My eye was drawn to the flaring on the body panels which reminded me somewhat of the Mitsubishi Endeavor or the Jeep Grand Cherokee. The Three Quarter angle they show it at does look like a Kia Sorento.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ML 350 or Sorento

This is the Kia Sorento

Attachments

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And this is

New Mercedes ML350

Attachments

·
5,244 Posts
pcs15394

you were right, just make them same color and you do not really know (at least from a distance) is it Kia or MB.........;)

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
pcs15394, my gosh you are right..

they are the same, except the front part, a bit diiferent. Do you think the people in Benz copied from Kia or vice versa?

The resemblance is too much to be coincidence.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Let's hope the quality difference is worth $20K more than the Kia, although Mercedes record has not been all that great, particularly with the ML.

Anyway, given that the Kia has been on the market now for a while, you would have expected Mercedes to at least notice and make some adjustments.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts