Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

Ok...comedy of errors here, but, I plugged my cheap-_ss Verizon Treo 700w charger into the front and console power plugs, and per a thread in this forum, burned out both 15 amp fuses for both (lower fuse bank)(threw power cord away). When I was in the dealer getting my faulty engine sensor replaced (delivered with Service Engine Soon light on, and 8 miles on the odometer, a month ago (another interesting story...they "ordered" the part a week ago...it comes in, and is the wrong part...so, my buddy the Service manager, did the right thing, and stole one from one of the 40+ muranos they had on the lot))...I showed them the burned out fuses, and expected to pay ridiculous amounts of money, for what appeared to be a unique Nissan part. True to form...THEY DON'T HAVE THIS PART IN STOCK, AND WERE NEVER NOTIFIED BY NISSAN OF THE PART CHANGE! Now, this friend of mine, that I've known for 4+ years, is no dummy...but, literally, he seemed completely unaware that new Muranos had a new fuse part...let alone, and completely unique one at that. So, here's my question:

1) Wouldn't we all expect that Nissan would communicate that something as important and commonly needed for a Nissan service department, as a FUSE, would be a topic of "Hey, this part is new for this model year, isn't standard, and you need to order a sh_tload of these"? communication?

2) Would we also expect that these kind of things would be "stock" standard fuses, you could get at a place like NAPA auto parts? When I showed them at NAPA, the fuse, they looked at me like was "lying", and that nothing like that (short fuse, stubby, no "prongs" sticking out) was a "fake" that I rigged up, just to confuse and befuddle them)?

So...here we are again...great car...bad dealer/service/Nissan corporate communication = hassle for MO owner.

Anyone have any idea where I can get these fuses...I'm tired of no front power socket on my brand new 06 MO?

Regards,

Big

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
BDM-

You are 100% correct. User-replaceable components such as fuses and bulbs should be common, off-the-shelf items. Any non-standard user-replaceable components such as filters, brake pads, and this particular fuse should be stocked at the dealer at the time of product launch.

The power socket fuse is probably the one fuse that will be replaced most often on the MO. Nissan was not being consumer-friendly when they designed a unique fuse into that circuit. They erred a second time by not notifying the dealerships to maintain adequate inventory.

Is there a part number on the fuse? Manufacturers markings?

-njjoe

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know the fuses you are referring to and actually burn out two of the Fuses in our 05 Honda Odyssey when I plugged in a cheap Power Inverter trying to heat my son's bottle. Call any local Honda Dealership they have the mini fuses in stock for like $.27 cents. When I pulled out the fuse with needle nose that was the first time I had seen those mini fuses myself and figured they would be expensive. If you're close to a Honda delership call to see if they are in stock and take the mini fuse up there I'm sure it is the same one hope that helps :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 03 Altima and 06 Murano have the same fuses... both are standard mini-fuses. I picked up plenty of them at advance auto parts, and I'm sure you can find them at autozone or napa, etc. My Murano also came with a spare 10A and 15A, which was a nice touch my Altima lacks.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
niceorange said:
My 03 Altima and 06 Murano have the same fuses... both are standard mini-fuses. I picked up plenty of them at advance auto parts, and I'm sure you can find them at autozone or napa, etc. My Murano also came with a spare 10A and 15A, which was a nice touch my Altima lacks.
I think he's referring to a different fuse that is under the hood, not in the fuse panel by the driver's door.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope, Nissan Only, Custom 15A fuse

Folks,

In the 2006, there is a upper "normal" fuse panel, you can get those at BP for cheap. Now...burn out your power port, and you have one of these babies (see picture). They aren't available anywhere...had a NAPA guy scratching his head for 10 mins claiming he'd never seen anything like it.

So...add that to the fact that the dealership has none (hmmm, I don't get that), and had no warning the part was new...and we have a wonderful little situation.

Regards,

Big

Attachments

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Re: Nope, Nissan Only, Custom 15A fuse

big_daddy_mpd said:
So...add that to the fact that the dealership has none (hmmm, I don't get that), and had no warning the part was new...and we have a wonderful little situation.
Nissan Customer Support at it's best.

SHIFT_:bonk:

-njjoe

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I admit I don't know where to get them but I HAVE seen these before in other cars. I don't think they are new to Nissan.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts