Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
It's hard to tell how big or small it is. In fact, when I first saw a photo of the Murano, I thought it was a mini SUV much like the Toyota Matrix. Somehow the body shape and the 18" wheels made it look smaller.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I kinda like it. It really depends on how high it is off the ground, so I'll reserve my true opinion till it comes out.
What is the xtrail?
I see on the link that it says it may come out in Diesel version... that would be original for US. I love the sound of a diesel engine, but think about it.... you hear a diesel engine (thinking it's a big ford truck) you turn around and see a minimo.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Well the US market does not have an X-trail, so this would be a good fit for Nissan over here. One wonders though whether this will be too close in size to the Murano. Perhaps by 2008 the Murano will also be redesigned (and like all new cars, be made bigger and heavier).

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Murano could go to an optional 3rd row seat; there is actually too much room in the 2nd row for me. I’d like to put 3 inches in the cargo space and take it out of the 2nd row. The one time I got back there on a ride home from the beach (granted my wife is 4’10”) but it felt like I was in a limo. If they did go to a 3rd row and captains chairs in the 2nd row I’d push the wife to get that as her next vehicle.

It would also make sense since the Highlander and Pilot offer optional 3rd row seating. Hell even the new Rav 4 has a 3rd Row.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
neo said:
The Murano could go to an optional 3rd row seat; there is actually too much room in the 2nd row for me. I’d like to put 3 inches in the cargo space and take it out of the 2nd row. The one time I got back there on a ride home from the beach (granted my wife is 4’10”) but it felt like I was in a limo. If they did go to a 3rd row and captains chairs in the 2nd row I’d push the wife to get that as her next vehicle.

It would also make sense since the Highlander and Pilot offer optional 3rd row seating. Hell even the new Rav 4 has a 3rd Row.
A solution I wouldn't mind would be a sliding back seat, like in the Chevy Equinox (about the only good feature it has) and the Lexus RX (not sure about the new one, but the old RX300 had it).

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
An adjustable rear seat would work for me.
So would captains chairs in the rear.
Don't want no stinkin 3rd row though.
If I wanted a bus, I would have bought one. (Probably the Pilot. Although it even looks like a bus.......)

Homer

·
5,244 Posts
I agree with homer. One of the reasons i bought Murano was lack of the third raw, good space in the secong raw and many other goodies. If one want a third raw let's look somewhere else. Murano would loos a lot if they redesing it to incorporate 3rd raw....

I would be last to but it...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Kris said:
I agree with homer. One of the reasons i bought Murano was lack of the third raw, good space in the secong raw and many other goodies. If one want a third raw let's look somewhere else. Murano would loos a lot if they redesing it to incorporate 3rd raw....

I agree about the 3rd row, it's a major reason I'm buying one.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sort of agree with having tons of room in the 2nd row, but I do like having options.

We did look at the pilot, rav-4, and the highlander and if we bought one of those, I would have paid for the 3rd row option. May have never used it, but if that time ever did come up, it would be good to have.

BUT...... next thing we are going to hear is someone wishing the 2nd row could fold down into the floor like some minivans. and that the trunk space could be lowered as well...
Then someone is going to ask nissan to make the Mo a 4x4 with rear locking diffs and mud terrain tires. oh.. I forgot, have it trail rated and rock climbing ready.. hehehehe..

·
Registered
132 Posts
I read the reviews of the Murano from Europe, THIS car is everything they were asking for in size & diesel, and if its down graded so it wasn't considered a luxury car (they have a huge luxury tax)...

The steering wheel is on the wrong side!

This is just a concept car... otherwise the paint would be shinny! (made of clay) or a computer generated image (and they didn't add the full ray-tracings)

I don't see the mo changing much over here in the US... why would Nissan mess with something thats a hit?

Then again, see what they did with the Pathfinder? I bought one in 1995 and every year after I kept going "Oh God! what were they thinking???" with each years release after. kept changing it from an SUV to a soccer-mom-station-wagon thats fat & bloated... the car, not the mom.

·
Registered
132 Posts
after looking at this photos some more I see what makes it look small.

The hood, front section of the car is way to short! V4??? Yep, a europe version!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
it looks VW golf size. dosn't seem like there is much room behind the second row. this looks like some european compact although i would perfer this design over the versa.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Margatenj said:
This is just a concept car... otherwise the paint would be shinny! (made of clay) or a computer generated image (and they didn't add the full ray-tracings)
From El Linko
. . . . .
"1 computer image giving an artist’s impression of how the new model could look like upon its release."
Just what El Linko states.... ;)

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Kris said:
I agree with homer. One of the reasons i bought Murano was lack of the third row, good space in the second row and many other goodies. If one want a third row let's look somewhere else. Murano would loose a lot if they redesign it to incorporate 3rd row....

:29: Yeah, what he said!!

-njjoe

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Now THAT is a boring looking vehicle.

Homer

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
bigdongers said:

This is the Xtrail http://www.nissan.com.au/xtrail/

It was the number 1 selling compact SUV at one stage in Australia. Its got better off road capability than the CRV and RAV4.
Yeap, my sister has it in Australia (she lives in Sydney).
It is a pretty nice vehicle. I wonder why Nissan decide not to bring the xtrail to US market. Afraid competing with the MO perhaps?.

Anyhow, this mini Mo loos pretty darn good. The new RAv4 grows in size, it is no longer in the 'small' suv category IMHO.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts