Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gots a new problem now. Just started today. The left speakers are kicking in and out whenever they feel like. Bumps, turns, doors shutting, etc...nothing makes it happen. If I turn the ignition off they come back on temporarily. Anyone have ghost speakers out there also?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I do not think it is a big issue and would venture to say it is simply a loose connection on the speaker wire. I have not heard of this yet.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
yep, sounds like a molex connector not snapped in--seated. Is it a Bose system? If so maybe you can reseat the connector on the amp located in the front right of the tire well behind the seat under a plastic cover. If that doesn't fix it, it's dash yankage time.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep, it's the OEM Bose system. Only have 5600 miles on it and not having any of the probs listed on other threads (all fingers, toes, arms, legs crossed for future luck). Would hate to have to pull the dash for this. They always leave something out or not connected right. Oh well, time for the 2nd oil change and tire rotate so guess will bite it and make the appointment. Will check for an easy loose wire first though.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Hopefully it'll be in the connectors at the amp. There is a good thread here somewhere that shows how to get at the head unit, it doesn't look too bad! I will have to find out myself as I am going the PAC unit way to feed the signal to my sub amp.

Good luck!
:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bose CD player

Does the sound from the left side of the speakers cut out only when playing CD's? When you play a tape or the radio does the sound come out from both sides? If you said yes to these two questions, then unfortunately you will have to have the CD player replaced. :( This happened to me a few months ago, but fortunately the dealer had an extra CD player on hand and replaced it the same day I brought it in. I haven't experienced anymore problems with it ever since. :D

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmmmn, Good thought there Murauder. I don't play the radio or tape, so will try that first before taking in. Will let y'all know what happens. The Svc. Dept., so far, has been very nice to deal with, but it's not a high volumn dealer, so will have to see what happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts