Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the chance of driving the mitsubishi outlander crossover yesterday as rental (hertz).

Jerky transmission, that's for sure.
Throtle reponse is not bad, better than toyota hilander
Ride is smooth.
Brakes are OK
Steering is scary light, so light, i dont feel the road at all..
Interior quality is, IMHO, one of the worst japanese car I have ever seen.

Attachments

·
Registered
758 Posts
Outlander

Sugar - I have one of those. I wanted a small wagon/SUV and was coming out of a lease on a Galant. The steering is way too light. I took it to the dealership because I thought something was wrong with it. Your impressions are pretty accurate, although I don't mind the interior and the side bolstering on the seats is actually better than the Murano. I did not get the Bose in the Mo but got the Infinity in the Outlander. Needless to say the stereo in the Mitsu is better than the stock stereo in the Murano. Other than that for us it is just a commuter car, errands, my wife takes it to work and picks the kids up from school in it. I would like to get rid of it, but college is three years away for my daughter and I wanted to be done with car payments by then, also Mitsu is in the dumper and I probably couldn't get anything for it.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
IMO it just lacks the MO style exterior wise, and I will certinally accept your all opinion of the performance. GRIP :D

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pcs15394 ...

I would like to get rid of it, but college is three years away for my daughter and I wanted to be done with car payments by then
I think it is a good car for your daughter when she is ging to be in college in 3 yr time.
It has the capacity to haul many things.
It is AWD (i assume yours is awd model?)
It is pretty nimble/quick.
It is a japanese car, so maintenance will be easy.
It has decent gas milage.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
I actually liked the Outlander (never test-drove one, but have ridden in a co-workers several times). I had to drop it off my list, though, solely because it can't tow very much. Same reason I had to cross Subaru off my list <sigh>.

<climbing back onto my soap box once again>
Why, oh why, can't we have CARS that can tow here in America? Nearly every country has a whole slew of cars that can tow 3000-5000 lbs. But no, not here in America! Because the car companies in their infinite stupidity just figure that if you want to tow a 3000 lb trailer, you MUST want a huge truck!!! Grrrrrr!
:soapbox:
<climbing back down, you may now return to your scheduled programming>

·
Registered
758 Posts
Outlander

I don't think SugarRushMurano brought up the Outlander to compare it to the Mo. Totally different class of vehicle. It honestly is not a bad car, and like Sugar stated will most likely end up with my Daughter (cause her Daddy ain't giving her the Murano). The steering can be a concern though, way too light and easy to oversteer if your not used to it. My daughter will be getting her learners permit and this is a concern.

·
5,100 Posts
I don't think SugarRushMurano brought up the Outlander to compare it to the Mo. Totally different class of vehicle

OK. Point taken. GRIP :D

·
Registered
758 Posts
Grip

Not meant to insult, just wanted to clarify:7:

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh no..

I am not comparing outlander and the murano...Sorry for the confusion. I was just try to share my experience with the forum on this mitsubishi crossover ;-)

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Corin...
I used to tow a 4500 lb travel trailer with a suburban...anything more would have been the tail wagging the dog, even though the suburban weighted 2000 lbs more than the trailer. I'm sure you have seen the "pit" manuever the cops do to spin somebody out. You should see what campers do to folks who take towing lightly. I have seen campers flip suburbans. Towing is no joke, or to be taken lightly--that's why you don't see many American cars setup for towing...or recommended for it.
I wouldn't tow more than a popup with the Mo...for any long distance.
Not saying you don't know how to tow, but I have been there many times. I sold my camper to some folks with a big blazer. I strongly recommended them to get something more substantial to tow with, for their safety. Most camper dealers will say you can tow with a dang vega, they are trying to make a sell. The dealer where I bought mine made me take him for a test haul and do several emergency tire smoking stops to make sure the electric brake controller was perfect....and a weight distribution hitch was mandatory, luckily, mine came with one. Weight distributing hitches are not very effective on unibody cars.

·
5,100 Posts
pcs15394

You absolutely did not and made a point I missed. Thanks GRIP :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts