Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MO 2009 lost acceleration during high speed. This seems to happen whenever I drive it on the highway. These are the list of things that I observe or experience whenever this occurs.
- RPM could not go above 2300 although I press the gas pedal all the way to the floor.
- Overdrive does not respond at all. means there is no downshift with the press of OD button on the gearshift.
- No warning or engine check indicator.

However, it recovers from this problem upon bringing the car to complete stop and restart the engine. The problem goes away for a while until it comes back again. (meaning about appox 1hr of driving)

Need Help and advise on what needs to be done to correct the problem.

·
Registered
853 Posts
My immediate reaction is an electronic issue tied with fuel pressure, but I could be totally wrong.

It also sounds like a "limp home" mode, but I'd expect a CEL if that was the case.

I think the dealer needs to pull codes as a starting point. Just because the CEL doesn't light up doesn't mean there aren't any codes.

Good luck.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Pari, you might consider posting in the 2nd generation section as well. Perhaps members with the same model as you have, have experienced similar problems

·
Registered
49 Posts
Loss of high end performance can commonly be a plugged fuel filter, or converter breaking up or other restriction in the exhaust. These vehicles have an in-tank fuel filter, so I'm not sure how you'll diagnose this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Loss of high end performance can commonly be a plugged fuel filter, or converter breaking up or other restriction in the exhaust. These vehicles have an in-tank fuel filter, so I'm not sure how you'll diagnose this.
Not sure how this explains my observations on:
1. Overdrive not responding.
2. It recovers immediately upon shutting down and restarting the car and running as per normal for a couple of hours.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I agree with robot that it sounds suspiciously like limp mode. how many miles on it? has the cvt fluid ever been changed? is this fwd or awd? has vehicle ever been used for towing? are you original owner? there's no cel but are there any codes?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine is 2010 model. CVT fluid replaced every 50K Kilometers. Now, 140K (KM) going to clock 150K soon.
No towing. I am the original owner. Mine is 4WD. But not full time with 4WD. 4DW is an option that I need to engage by press of the 4WD button in the car.
Will have to check codes. There were some error codes before and it went away upon clearing. But not sure if they are related to the issue that I reported. Maybe I should check on the codes next time.

Car been great for the last 8years but just recently.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts