Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes, within a month... first some lady backed into my front bumper and now some dude ran into my wife when she was stopped at a red-light and cracked my MO's rear bumper.... now both my bumpers need replacement.... why the heck ppl think they can run the yellow light with 2 cars still ahead of them....

i took it to local nissan body shop and got the quote for 920$ CDN.

the guy wanted to settle out of insurance by sending me to a another paint shop which quoted 485. i asked what will they do,... they will WELD my mo's bumper with putting a re-inforcement bar in it.... it just sounded weired so i told the guy to go through insurance....

first quote was for 850$ for front bumper replacement, and the second is 920$ ....

my poor MO !!! :(

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Front and rear?!? Two separate accidents?!? OUCH!! That's tough.

IMHO you did the right thing in having the MO properly repaired. While the welded and reinforced bumper may look OK, there is no guarantee it will work as designed if the MO is involved in another accident. I would want to know the MO is fixed right.

Good luck.

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Sorry bout that!
:(

The guy should consider himself lucky--folks here will sue you in a heart beat for a rear ender.....been there done that. (got sued by a school teacher!)
...........even though she admitted she wasn't hurt AND it was her fault.
"My husband told me to call an ambulance"
"Why"
"Because the last time I got hit I didn't make a dime"

:11:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Take it to the dealer or YOUR shop for repairs.

When I was a kid, some putz T-boned me and, like a fool, I took it to HIS "friends" body shop.

Needless to say, I got screwed.

20 years later thinking about this incident still ticks me off!

YOUR SHOP!

If he doesn't want to "notify" his insurance company, get the information anyway and keep it handy if he tries to delay the repairs. Let him pay YOUR body shop up front and directly.

NO NEGOTIATIONS.

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually here in saskatchewan, auto insurance is handled by government. so no need to worry about him not reporting. they are gonna send him a letter giving him 10 days, and if he doesnt report, they will send him a 30-day registered letter notification, after that our insurance will pay and he would end up paying deductable at the time of renewing his insurance.....

i am waiting for their confirmation letter to go ahead and get it repaired and then i am gonna order both bumpers and have them install it at same time instead of going at two different times....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts