Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only sad part is my coin were all gone.. lucky the mo has no damage. But I still do not get how my stuff inside got stolen so cleanly.. like i looked at the door etc doesnt look like anything happened.. but all my money i can disappeared. good thing I had my glove comparment locked.. i had my psp in there so it was safe
but still just first time this has ever happend to me so shocking how it just cleaned out my coins haha

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
hey clem, you should think about getting an alarm system put on the murano. it's cheep insurance especially in richmond. the theives there are alot more experienced.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Doesn't the Mo have a built in alarm system?
I know there's the cut-off ignition, with the mirco chip built into the key.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
the MO does have a "factory alarm system" but is horribly ineffective. our old mo got broken into and the alarm didn't even go off.

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
Clem said:
but still just first time this has ever happend to me so shocking how it just cleaned out my coins haha
Clem, sorry this happened to you. My Murano hasn't been broken into, but 2 rides ago -- my GMC Jimmy -- was. You are lucky there was no damage, they took a brick to my passenger window. Worked a 12-hour shift in the data center and drove home furious sitting in about 5 pounds of shattered glass with a cold January wind blowing through (and no radar detector or ham radio).

Glad you're only missing coins. Consider yourself lucky!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm well i tested out my auto lock and it works fine. is there anything i could of done that prevented it from auto locking itself if i forgot to lock the mo?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I am not sure if later models have an autolock feature similar to my 2003, but on my Murano, it only automatically locks under the following conditions:

1) All doors are locked, stock alarm armed.

2) I use the remote to unlock the doors.

3) I do not open the doors, for a while. Maybe a few minutes.

4) The doors will then automatically lock.

I've never tried it with the key, so I would not know whether unlocking it with a key cancels the autolock timer. I would guess this feature is to prevent accidental unlocking of the Murano, after its already been locked the first time (for example, maybe if you accidentally pushed the unlock button on the control in your pocket while sitting inside a restaurant, for example).

Thats all I know about it. Perhaps the 2004+ models have a passive locking feature, where the doors automatically lock without having to press the remote?

My dealer claimed the Murano comes with "anti-tumbling" door locks (whatever that means) and if a thief "tries to mess with them" it will set the alarm off. I've never tried to purposely break into my Murano to confirm this, but I would think the dealer is just making it up (Nissan would have advertised this if it was such a great security feature). Stock Nissan alarms have always had one hole - they do not go off if a window is broken, the most common form of forced entry to a vehicle. A lot of Maximas on Maxima.org were stolen this way. However, now that every Nissan has an immobilizer, a stolen car less frequent (unless they just tow it away), and vandalism is the usual endpoint for a car break in.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
If any of the doors are not completely closed, you cannot lock the doors using the fob, and the auto lock feature will not work either. I have the horn notification when I lock with the fob. If I don't hear it, then I know a door is ajar. Is it possible that the doors were not locked when they broke in, hence no entry damage?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Clem said:
hmm well i tested out my auto lock and it works fine. is there anything i could of done that prevented it from auto locking itself if i forgot to lock the mo?
I hope you don't rely on the autolock feature to lock your doors for you. It takes a minute before they lock and that's plenty of time for you to be in a store and for someone to enter your vehicle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Taylormade2 said:

I hope you don't rely on the autolock feature to lock your doors for you. It takes a minute before they lock and that's plenty of time for you to be in a store and for someone to enter your vehicle.
I dont rely on it to lock my doors. but liek saying if I forget too atleast it will lock liek u said 1 min after

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
To clarify things here, the autolock will not lock the doors if you forget to lock them. They will only lock the doors if you have first unlocked them from the armed state, and then don't open the doors for about a minute. If you park you car and walk away, the doors will remain unlocked and will not lock themselves.

The owners manual has more information on this.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Clem said:

I dont rely on it to lock my doors. but liek saying if I forget too atleast it will lock liek u said 1 min after
As Eric said, it only auto locks if you have first unlocked the car from the keyfob.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts