Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Nope, I haven't noticed any extraordinary heat. I've even driven my MO with the A/C off and windows up on a cool night and didn't noticed what you described. I'll keep a watching for this though.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The fresh air light is always on because if you were to drive around with the recirculating air activated and the AC off, your windows would quickly fog up. You can however, manually switch it to recirc, and then turn off the AC.

As for the climate control, I wish there was a "max cool" function like on Lexus and other models. This is where the AC is on without any heat. On the MO, the lowest temp is 60F so even if you blast the AC the computer will try to keep your cabin at 60 degrees even with auto off (which is frustrating since I like it ice cold when I drive). I think this is what you are feeling regarding the heat at the feet level.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
To my knowledge, "max Cool" on all climate control systems merely means that no external fresh air is being introduced.
I have never owned a Lexus but have owned many Climate Control systems, Cadillac, Chrysler, Corvette, etc.

Here in Florida I drive with sandals quite often.
Having driven Climate Control cars for years (As opposed to cars w/ac.......) I always leave the control in auto.
I have never noted "heat"on my feet UNLESS the ambient temp is below what I have set.
Therefore I am not much help to people who keep trying to override what is essentially an automatic system.
It seems that people who come from A/C systems have difficulty with climate control systems.
Some end up getting quite frustrated.
I believe that it is so wide spread that Nissan would be well served to develop a stripper MO with manual A/C available.

In this case it sounds like one of the deflection doors may be in an incorrect position.

Homer

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Yes I think on manual climate control, max cool on some vehicles is AC wth recirc. Example - Ford vehicles and some GMs.

I guess what I was trying to say is that with manual AC you keep the temp level on "blue" or "cold" and it cools the outside air no matter how cold or hot it is. On climate control like the MO, sometimes its 60 degrees outside but I want to blast the AC ice cold, especially if I am on the highway and getting sleepy! Set to auto, and it goes to bilevel setting with the fan on one bar. Kind of useless. So I end up overriding the setting and switch it to face level and turn up the fan. Yet I keep thinking that the air coming in the vents is still "climate controlled" to 60 and it seems to be the case when the cabin temp is already around 60.

I would have actually skipped the climate control if it were an option. Not that I do not like it, but I purchased the Murano more for it being a sporty crossover rather than a luxurious crossover.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The cabin temperature is detected using two methods in the Murano. One is the sunload sensor, which is one of the two circular sensors on the top of the dash near the windshield (I forget which one). You can check which one it is by turning your headlights to auto during the day and then covering one of the sensors. If your lights go on, its the "other" sensor!

The other cabin temp sensor is located near your ignition switch, behind those little plastic slats (you will see what I mean when you take a look). I suppose you can try doing something to it to make the Murano think it is warmer than it is, so you can get ice cold AC! Let me know how it goes.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Try this:

1. Hit all off.
2. Select where you want the air to come out.
3. Disable A/C if it came on during step 2.
4. Set temperature to minimum.

The climate control will still heat the air coming through the vents to the temperature setting, even if everything is off. If you had set the temperature high, then hit all off, I believe the incoming air is still heated. I perform the steps above, and set the temperature to the minimum, and I'm pretty sure there is no heat added. But turn the temperature up, and the air gets warmer.

Oh, and the inside temperature shown is the "desired" temp, not the "measured" temp.

Could it be the heat is being felt through the floor? I remember in my Jeep some days I could definately feel the heat coming through the floor, probably from the exhaust.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
When OFF is selected the system returns air passage to a default setting of 75% floor and 25% defrost I think. What is your temp set to when you are feeling this heat?

At any rate if you turn the system off and turn off recirc you should NOT feel anyting coming out of the system from anywhere.

Why are you dring in Ds mode all the time.... you like the extra RPMs and power?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Driving in Ds all the time will cause accelerated wear on your engine and CVT. It can't help that gas is accelerating towards $3/gallon either.

But I do understand that there are moments where Ds is very fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts