Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned from my vacation in Dublin, Ireland. I did not see a single MO on the roads, but did see one at a dealership that was 5 minutes walk from the Hotel I stayed at. I was SHOCKED to see the price of the MO. A whopping 63445 Euro. That's CAD$ 95801 (US$76134) for an SL AWD!!!! To top that....gas in Europe is a lot more expensive than here in North America. No wonder I didn't see any on the roads. :2:

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
yea, actually i have been asking my dad to go test drive a Mo (in Dublin). but he said its too darn expensive there. i checked and WOW... it is really EXPENSIVE......

i guess he would have to wait till next summer to test drive it when he gets here !!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i was reading some reviews on the murano in europe and although they love the car itself they say people would be crazy going to spend that much money on a japanese product when they can buy a BMW or mercedes for alot less than the MO sell for out there. europeans also don't think to highly of japanese products and still have that old school mentality that european (especially german)is better.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It also helps that Germany is close. Parts for German cars are a lot cheaper than parts for Japanese cars. My brother-in-law is a mechanic working in europe, and he says that it makes no sense buying Japanese there, because of this very reason.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Check the price tags carefully

A Mo in Ireland has a price-tag of 60'650 Euro, in Germany it's just 43'900 Euro, so think about an EC import!! By the way, even in Germany, a Beamer like a X5, sporting a 3.0i engine, has a base price of 55'000 Euro and to beef it up like a Mo (Leather, Xenon, Navi ...) they ask you for another 10 grand. IMHO the lack of Muranos in the EC is more about the missing diesel engine then the price tag!

When I bought my black beauty here in Switzerland, the dealer said that there would be no more then 50 Mo in Switzerland, a month later I received a letter from Nissan along these lines : "We celebrate the sale of Murano Nr. 150 ..."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts