Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I used to live in Japan (1994-1997). I lived near Nagasaki, on Kyushu Island. Thank God they build a great car and camera -- their houses leave little to be desired (lack of central air/heat, thin insulation... if any, etc.).

The Japanese keep many of their best cars there - Skyline, etc. What is amazing... the Japanese have so much "on board stuff" in their vehicles, it's almost insane. The on-board televisions, for example, many have them. Driving while watching TV? Yep... it happens. GPS everywhere. The greatest thrill one could ever have in life is going into a Japanese electronics store. Unreal some of the stuff they have.

Conversely, five bucks for a gallon for gas (although FULL service - right down to "bowing" to you as you leave). Tolls on the interstates about every 2 miles! If you're caught speeding, they have a van set up so you can enjoy coffee inside while you're written up for Y200 (very polite).

A great country and a hell of a lot of fun.

That movie about an American baseball player in Japan -- forget the name -- that movie nails life in Japan perfectly.

BTW - in Japan - Toyota is #1. Honda #2. Mitsubishi - up there. Nissan not viewed as high. Never a Mazda. - Jim

·
Registered
203 Posts
I was in Japan a few years back and was blown away by their up to date technology regarding tv's. Everything was high def and in wide screen format. Did you notice, it is also incorperated into the navi screen. Awesome.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
ROM Upgrade? :2:

Homer

·
Registered
71 Posts
Like I said Snowride - regarding a visit to a Japanese electronics store. Unreal. Could spend hours (and thousands) in there. I was going to buy one of those "plug in the cigarette lighter" televisions they have there and bring back to the U.S. Unfortunately, the frequencies wouldn't "line up" with those here in the US. I remember one morning, a guy was at a red light, shaving, on the cell phone, watching TV. Priceless.

Streets about 3 feet wide. Would love to see the occasional Ford Exploder or Cadillac Seville come by. Damned things looked like land yachts!

... Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts