Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder why the Murano is Nissan's latest model to come out each model year. If you go to Nissan's website, all other vehicles are shown as their 2006 models except the Murano, still 2005. In 2004 when I wanted to buy a 2005 I was told they were out in October but I don't think it was until late Nov that I could actually find one at a dealer and Dec before I got what I wanted.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
It might be because the Murano is only built in Japan (I think) so it might take longer for production models to reach our shores. I believe among all Nissan models, only the Murano and 350Z are exclusively built in Japan (as well as all Infinitis except the QX56).

The Maxima, Altima, and Quest are all built in Smyrna, Tenn. And the Nissan trucks (Titan, Armada, Pathfinder, Frontier, Xterra) are all built in Canton, Miss. A few Altimas are built there as well. The Sentra is built in Aguascalientes, Mexico, as will be the upcoming Versa.

·
4,601 Posts
I haven't tracked this through the years, but the Murano was in Hawaii and Canada a month before the lower 48, when it was released.

Makes me wonder if it's a build sequence thing. Maybe they batch a bunch for each area, as there are some minor differences... I bet the Hawaii ones were dropped off on the way to Canada.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
jaak said:
I haven't tracked this through the years, but the Murano was in Hawaii and Canada a month before the lower 48, when it was released.

Makes me wonder if it's a build sequence thing. Maybe they batch a bunch for each area, as there are some minor differences... I bet the Hawaii ones were dropped off on the way to Canada.
Interesting that would mean they had two types of Muranos on the same boat. Some with MPH speedometers, and some with KPH speedometers.

·
4,601 Posts
But considering how many Muranos they'd need in Hawaii and how many they need for Canada, it probably made sense... (Remember boys, the Hawaii ones go on top!)

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i think it's just because there are so many orders to be filled for 05's and the fact that the murano sells so amazingly well that they don't roll in the 06's early.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Also, I think the MO came out originally late for a 2003. This might explain why the years that follow also arrived later. Just a thought. I also noticed that the MO seems to get the latest updates. For example our 2003 altima doesn't have a MO style interior like the 2005 altimas do.

·
4,601 Posts
Yes it did come out late. It was in Canada and Hawaii in October, and the lower 48 in November. Or was it November and December? I can't remember... But it was certainly late!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i think it was november and december because we ordered ours in late november and got it early january.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts