Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever try putting a lift kit on MO? I'd love to see a beefed up MO able to do some serious 4 wheelin.

·
Super Moderator
8,054 Posts
A Murano can't do "serious 4 wheelin." You will tear up the transfer case if you try it. It is not a truck...it's a passenger car with ON-pavement AWD capability. It is not designed for off-road use.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Uuuuuh...go for it if you want to but nobody can guarantee the results though. A MO of any year is not designed for serious off roading. Can handle some uneven dirt roads with some wash boarding but that's about it. Don't expect to get some serious flexing out of the suspension. Think of the MO as a SUV inspired car. Meant to handle like a 4 door sedan but with an SUV-ish body.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Anyone ever try putting a lift kit on MO? I'd love to see a beefed up MO able to do some serious 4 wheelin.
What is your definition of "serious 4 wheelin"??

-njjoe

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Think of it as an AWD Altima.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good luck with that, what ever you find do post though! Ive been looking around the forum off and on some time now, enough to find out that the "Mo" is not a touched vehicle. But im always lookin for ideas, i think one would look good with a few more inches up!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like I asked...Has anyone ever tried to lift one?? I'd like to see a 4x4 MO SUV (180degrees from the Cabrolet)
I.E. - A MO lifted with the right suspension and upgraded tranny and transfer case. Put on some side-rockers and some 35's. I love my MO and I want MO out of it!!
This thing pulls my fishing boat. I like to go off road too.
Sometimes I lock the AWD and go some places I probably shouldn't. I've come close to tearing off the muffler and I've loosened the gas tank gaurds a couple times.
I guess the closest thing would be a 4 door JEEP Unlimited.
But nothing can match the cornering of this baby (which would be lost when lifted), but it's fun to think about!!

·
Super Moderator
8,054 Posts
Like I asked...Has anyone ever tried to lift one?? I'd like to see a 4x4 MO SUV (180degrees from the Cabrolet)
I.E. - A MO lifted with the right suspension and upgraded tranny and transfer case. Put on some side-rockers and some 35's. I love my MO and I want MO out of it!!
This thing pulls my fishing boat. I like to go off road too.
Sometimes I lock the AWD and go some places I probably shouldn't. I've come close to tearing off the muffler and I've loosened the gas tank gaurds a couple times.
I guess the closest thing would be a 4 door JEEP Unlimited.
But nothing can match the cornering of this baby (which would be lost when lifted), but it's fun to think about!!
Sounds like the simple way to do it would be to pull the body off an Xterra and drop a Murano body onto the chassis! :27:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts