Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched for this problem but found no resolve to it so I thought maybe I'd try a new thread to see if anyone has been able to get the dealer to fix it.

The MO locks the doors while the key and car are running. My dealer has heard of the probelm but it appears NISSAN hasn't come out with a TSB to fix it. Has anyone else been able to have this fixed ?

I started the car, got out to get the newspaper off the lawn... came back to a locked MO.... Spare key was with my wife....

BARCODE
:mad:

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Ist thing to do is check the passenger door.
Some of the problems with this particualr thing only lock the drivers door.

1- Thumb hits manual door lock when exiting.
2- Wiring harness bad for this door

Second thing to do is find another dealer.

List of TSBs

http://www.nissanhelp.com/Bulletins/Murano/Year.htm

Particular TSB

Service Bulletin Num : 03033
Date of Bulletin: JUN 24, 2003

View Document
Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
Summary: DOORS LOCK/UNLOCK AND/OR FRONT WINDOWS ROLL DOWN INTERMITTENTLY, ALARM SOUNDS

I ended up having the Service Dept set the Auto Door Lock feature to the OFF position.
(On 03's this is set by Consult !!.
On 04s and 05s this is set by info screen by owner.)

Worked for me.

Homer

·
Registered
16 Posts
There's been a lot about this subject. Some solutions are to remove the connecting rod from the back of the manual door lock and use only the power lock switch to unlock. I had the dealer make two sets of flat keys that can be used to unlock the door but will not start the vehical (they have no chip)I keep one in my wallet and the other is glued behind the access pannel in the front grill for the towing hook.

·
4,601 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts