Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally after several false hopes I have been called to preview the new cars. I have filled out these surveys in the past and nada.
I received a letter Friday saying that both me and the Mrs. are invited to the Georgia World Congress Center on Sunday at 1030AM.
That is in downtown Atlanta for those who are not familiar with the area. When the market research letter arrived it had showed that it was aimed at the Nissan Murano owner. A big how to you do survey on what cars you may consider and what you would pay.
A space also for what is the wife driving and what choices she would make. The deal is 2 hours long and me and the wife make a cool 200 bucks. They were really specific saying no cameras or cell phones will be allowed inside.
I have no idea what I'll be seeing in there but I'll report back as soon as I can. Anyone else get the survey in the mail? Anyone else going there?
Bob1

·
Registered
781 Posts
I received an invite asking if I was interested in doing a survey. I filled it out and never heard anything back. I'd love to go - even for free. Any chance to talk about cars is good by me.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I filled it out and never heard anything back

Yes, I had that happen twice before. When I called one day to ask why I was not picked to go, they told me my price range was too high. I had been selecting cars like the FX 35 and other high end models. They were seeking lower end stuff for that particular survey. This time I loaded the survey with a wide price range from 18000 to 38000. My only advice in the future, show you are willing to buy at all price levels and all body styles.
It would be cool if some future Murano was on the floor and I could get a sneak peek. Who knows what I'll be seeing?
Bob1

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Hmmm thinking of new models coming out, I am going to guess the next Toyota Highlander, Hyundai Santa Fe (its going upmarket next model), Audi Q7, etc...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got the letter and went for it. I drove 4 different cars.
All 4 dr sedans completely blacked out all the manufacurers names on everything everywhere on the cars. 2 were the same model just different engines. One was standard V6 and the match was a hybrid the other set had a standard V6 and the match was a turbo diesel.
It was really cool and they gave $150 to do it.
The turbo diesel was my pick.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the letter and went for it. I drove 4 different cars

Very Cool!
I am however under the impression that this may be an indoor event as it is being held in the Convention Center.
I don't think I'll be that lucky to drive them. I'm guessing sit in this or that and please rate the interior and body type of stuff.
Your event sounded very nice!
Bob1

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just back from the Convention Center.
Here is the scoop. Chrysler has a prototype SUV.
I walked in and saw all SUV's the MO, Lexus, Volvo, Highlander, Toureg, all of them in the same class/price. Must have been 15 different ones on the floor.
Chrysler has a prototype that looked like the nose of the 300
the sides were somewhat Mo-like but the back 1/4 looked a little too much like a Isuzu Axiom. The tailgate was more like the Lexus SUV. Pretty nice overall. The interior was in a separate mock up and it was pretty neat as they have some cool features like the passenger seat that folds forward and becomes a big tray table for the driver to use for.....food? work stuff? Pretty cool.
All in all disappointing that only got to see 1 proto and the rest were 2005 models of all the SUV's that we had to compare.
Bob1

·
5,244 Posts
Hi bob1

so what were your ratings.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so what were your ratings.

I actually give the prototype high marks. One trouble spot was the exterior was just an exterior body. There was no interior or engine or anything but the shell. The interior was in a mock up across the room. It was impressive. I think they are going to drop in a 265HP V-6. It was difficult to judge the whole package. They are still fine tuning and changing things, I guess that is why it is not together.
If you like the Chrysler bold look of the 300, your going to like this.
It was quite clear that they are after the Murano owners to take a look. The only thing I did not like was the shape or style of the last window in very back. Not the back window on the tailgate but the small glass behind the backseat passengers window. That was my only beef. The MO sat on the floor as the first in line of many SUV's to ponder. The MO had a big crowd all day. Why? You had to pick the auto on the floor you would most likely buy instead on the Chrysler.
The other SUV I had picked as a substitute was the Volvo SUV.
I was then asked to sit it in and rate entry and rear seat legroom and stuff. Guys, we have a limo next to that SUV with very limited leg room in the rear. That was soon out of the running after I sat in the back. The MO however had the biggest crowd. I met another MO owner as we sat side by side rating a Honda Pilot.
I told him to look us up and join in the ORG fun.
I think Chrysler will come in 4 grand or so cheaper than the MO.
They have to do that based on expectations and brand name.
Look in the paper, 12K off sticker and stuff on Chrysler. You never see that at Nissan,Honda or Toyota. If they get there reputation going..watch out. This is definite competition for the MO.
Bob1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts