Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Interested in other owners experience with the Murano off the Black Top. Have heard concerns about the sturdiness of the CVT and the AWD basically just Traction Control with a manual switch.

Still, wanted to to see how the Mo would go on the sand so on a recent trip we took it on the beach at Port Macquarie, North Coast New South Wales.

(previously posted)Dropped the tyres to 16-17 PSI and drove it for about a Km and it went fine. The front CVT air scoop (Can't wait till I lose this)was pushing sand on the wave mounds so I just kept it slow over anything other then a level surface.

Was fairly pleased how it went considering the modest ground clearance and the lack of low range. Pretty good for a car that is so much fun to drive on the road.

Should go better next time as the newly installed Polyair springs lift the rear about an inch when inflated which will help a bit. Looks like I can still go fishing for whiting with the new ride.How have others found it ????

Here are some more pics http://www.nissanmurano.org/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=11471&thumb=1

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
note the sand dragged up by the scoop

Attachments

·
4,601 Posts
Not as bad as this...

I wouldn't try it with the plastic scoop though!

Speaking of transfer cases, mine cracked, was replaced, but I notice I'm leaking fluid...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow ! You definately bottomed out there. Did your your transfer case crack from physical impact externally or something else.

I might fabricate something up as armour seeing the cooling is now handled by the transmission cooler.

I am about to lash out and buy some air structs for the front to improve ride and provide lift when off ride as like you I own mountain bikes and some of the access trails are hairy.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
here's what our scoop looked like mangled up

EKKA- it looked like your having a load of fun with your MO. it really seems strange seeing the murano without any windows tinted.

·
4,601 Posts
Hey, yeah, I never noticed the windows!

I scooped up that junk in the rain... Had to venture off a gravel road a bit and ended up having a tire sink into the muck some, and then it went grazing...

Took it to a car wash, where they clean it, and the guys spent about 4 minutes pulling junk out. Didn't bend the scoop on that one. That happens with pulling to far forward when parking over curbs.

Hit it three times so far. Once a year, basically.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nissanlove said:
here's what our scoop looked like mangled up

EKKA- it looked like your having a load of fun with your MO. it really seems strange seeing the murano without any windows tinted.
Yes I noticed that as well. Australian design regulations preclude some of the tinting as standard options. But there is a thriving aftermarket for obvious reasons.

Will eventually get around to this and add it to my wish list

·
5,244 Posts
Hi ekka,

beautiful beach! I am glad the MO did so well.
Windows tinting – it was always the first thing I did in Queensland. And you understand why. Pity you cannot have it as standard option.

I did not go to the beach last Sunday but somewhere higher – see the pic. Murano still amazes me with its ability to drive in the Mountains. I almost never use brakes. CVT does the wonders, both up and down hill.

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kris said:
Hi ekka,

Tinting it was always the first thing I did in Queensland.
That photo looks a long way from QLD. Heading down to the Snowy Mountains in a few weeks so I am looking forward to this trip.

Had some fun tonight, I snatched a bogged toyota out of the sand at Palm Beach !

Some kids did not realise the road was right next to the beach and when they went to park they ended up in the sand up to the axles. Ran the snatch strap around the tow bar and a D shackle to the Toyota recovery hook and "whola" out they came. Wifey and the kids were very impressed.

Don't think the marketing guys at Nissan would like this as it is being advertised as an Urban Machine

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
This threade title had me really looking forward to seeing some

pictures of pretty girls.

Blue Ridge to Skyline drive. Wonderful area, Used to have summer place in Blowing Rock. First tee is at exactly one mile high and the pin and tee boxes are set so you always shoot for the grandfather's mountian's nose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts