Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I am sure this question has been asked, but I cant seem to find a definitive answer. I just purchased an 06 Murano S, with the standard, Non-Bose stereo. I pulled the unit out to see if there was an open port to connect the AAI-NIS2 to add an aux input but I have no open ports. Does the unit connect in a "pass-through" manner where you connect the Murano connections through it then unit? Is there another solution for adding aux input to the standard stereo? Any pics or advice would be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance..kj

·
Registered
40 Posts
Post Preview:
kj,

Thats my exact setup:4: 1st I purchased 2 line out converters and hooked them up to front & rear speaker lines (this converted them to RCA-Best Buy), at this point i added BA tweeters & upgraded the front door speakers only to BA. Then with 2 RCA lines, ran electronic crossover & 2 seperate Amps 1 for bass and 1 for mids/highs(tweet/door speaker, back door speakers are still ran by factory head unit & can barely be heard when cranking-but I don't transport people in back seats so they don't really matter to me) system sounds fantastic. Then purchased PAC turbo1 & PAC AAI-NIS2 along with docking station for video iPod, still have other side of AAI-NIS2 free for future upgrades. Hope this clears it up a little, welcome & lots of thanks to jaak & crew for such informative forums. If you have any questions search AAI-NIS2 or send email:1:

Ap0the0sis

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ap0the0sis,
I have a question how you hooked up the AAI-NISS2. The back of my stereo does not have any open ports to connect it. Did you disconnect something to connect the AAI..Thx kj

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have the AAI-NIS original version. I had to unplug the sat connection and the main radio harness to add all the plugs that came with the PAC. My guess is that now the new version has a passthrough for the sat connector instead of just leaving it hanging behind the radio like I did.

·
Registered
40 Posts
rixmo said:
I have the AAI-NIS original version. I had to unplug the sat connection and the main radio harness to add all the plugs that came with the PAC. My guess is that now the new version has a passthrough for the sat connector instead of just leaving it hanging behind the radio like I did.
Installation:

The AAI-NIS2 plugs into the back of the factory radio.

It is highly recommended that you disconnect the negative battery cable prior to installing the AAINIS2. Do not turn on the vehicle while the SRS wire harness plug is removed from the dash bezel. Doing so may cause the SRS air bag light to turn on and may need to be reseted by the dealer.

1. Remove factory radio. Remove factory female 12 pin Satellite cable, if available. Plug the AAINIS2's 12 pin SAT plug into the radio. Plug the factory Satellite cable that was just removed into the AAI-NIS2's 12 pin connector.
2. Insert the AAI-NIS2's 10 pin main power Plug (T-Harness) in between the factory radio and factory harness.
3. Connect external audio devices(s) into Aux 1 and/or Aux 2 inputs using the RCA jacks on the AAI-NIS2.:eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts