Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from a 2 week trip with my MO. I drove from Kingston, ON to St Augustine, FL with stops in DC, Virginia Beach, Charleston, and Savannah. I put about 5000 kms on my MO.

I am an ex motorcycle owner and I enjoyed the biker custom of waving to one another on the road. It occurred to me that since there are so few MOs on the road, we should do the same!!

I suggest the 3 stooges hand on the head and waving of fingers with the accompanying whoo whoo whoo.....seems appropriate for a MOE!! :)

BTW Anyone know of a black SL from FL that was on I95 going north a few days ago......the one that passed me at 82mph and then was pulled over a little further ahead..... :)

Dave

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've found that Mo owners in general don't really do the "wave" thing. I've only ever gotten a wave back once, and I wave to pretty much every Murano that I see.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I've only gotten one wave and that was from a little old lady that wasn't even driving a MO.

She was driving an old Buick and when I went by her in a flash, she blew the horn and waved, apparently acknowledging that the Murano was number 1.

Homer

I've owned a vette and a Miata.
Both had lots of waves from fellow pilots.
OTOH, Mustang owners did not wave. Probably had both their hands busy fusing with their zits.
I wouldn't expect it in a Murano.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
I used to drive both an MG Midget and MGB and it was customary for MG drivers to flash their headlights when seeing another MG approaching in the opposite lane. It took me a while to realize what was going on. A first I thought they were simply warning me of speed-traps.

-njjoe

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MO on the beach in St Augustine!!

Thanks for the replies about the secret handshake. I should have waved to the guy from FL that the cop pulled over, however I doubt he would have responded in a favourable fashion!:)

I have attached a pic of the MO dipping it's toe into the surf.......instead of the snow...on my trip.

Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Whoa!!!

Talk about packed sand! If you tried to do that on a beach here in New Jersey you would probably be almost up to your rims in sand.

Nice pic!!

-njjoe

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sandy Beaches

Being from Canada, our beach time is usually 1 or 2 warm days in August so this was a foreign concept for me too!! :)

When I was looking for a parking spot to go to the beach, I saw a Jeep drive right on and figured it was a young kid with no respect for others......after 15 minutes of not finding a parking lot, we asked a local. Drive right on the beach was their reply....so we did.

It was neat to be able to pound the surf and get salt on my MO.......and not from the roads in Canada right now!!

Dave

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
whatsup,

forget about the handshake. what i want to know is how you got this large picture posted without any errors. I have not been able to do that.....

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Big picture!!

Well all I can say is that we do things bigger up here in the great white north!! :0

Actually, the first time I tried to post it, the file was too big so I opened the picture in MS Photo Editor and resaved it and reduced the quality of the image. The file was then only 67K or so. Reposted and no problem.

You can take a picture and reduce the quality of the image while still keeping the full picture size. If you crop a picture, it will reduce the file size and picture size.

Hope that helps a bit.

"Quality " is basically resolution or pixels

Dave

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I agree with Homer, I had a Vette for 14 years and you could not pass another Vette without the wave. Ditto that with my old English sport cars like the big Austin Healy that I owned. Mandatory waves for and from all 2 seat English sport cars in that era.
Funny, my guess is 65 percent of the drivers I see in the MO are of the female persuasion. No offence ladies, but we are not trying to make moves and wave at you. I just don't think the women "get it" with this somewhat male dominated wave thing.
Bob1:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts