Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so as i was filling up at the gas station,
a gentleman in a Mercedes ML pulled in behind me.
he started filling up and then approached me,
he had a 2002 ML, and had so many problems with it, he was lookin to trade it in and get somethin new, so he started askin me about the MO, so i pretty much told him everything, good and bad, and how much i luv my MO!

I think he would have made me an offer if i was selling, by the time i was done with him :)

-Nerf

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I was this >< close to buying a ML 320. I am so glad I didn't. My friend has a 500M series that he loves. He put me in touch with his buddy who had a 320. He absolutely hates it! He told me that it had been in the shop constantly. I don't know if it has anything to do with Chrysler engineering, but these do not well represent the Mercedes tradition. They are sharp looking though.. (except from the rear):4:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Agreed -- 100%. I think Mercedes' quality has suffered considerably since their marriage with Chrysler. A while ago, Mercedes was always my "dream" brand. Now, I'm thinking BMW or Audi is my dream brand, though Infiniti is making it difficult.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
i have an audi....(m)

Audi A4, 1998 besides the murano..overall is fun to drive, build quality is good but repair cost is skyhigh. Unless you are ready to pay for repair, after warranty, then audi is a nice car. (and so is VW)

·
Registered
400 Posts
I also have an Audi (many Audis actually...)

I considered the ML but I didn't like it after I got to drive one. A bit underpowered (ML320) and a bit thirsty (ML430). The interior was tighter than I imagined it should have been also. But probably the most telling was my co-worker's horror stories about his ML320 he leased new. Things kept falling off the car, trim kept peeling, black strips had to be replaced several times, tailgates would stay latched... it was pretty horrific.

I'm not saying the Murano isn't without some problems (mine has been problem free except for the moron who rear-ended me and took my car out of service for 1.5 months...) But in contrast, I'm thrilled to drive the Murano every day. I enjoy the heated seats, the interior room, the ride quality (I have an SE), the handling and the fuel mileage! It's been a very pleasant experience so far.

As for Audis... they can have massive problems also. I love them dearly and I've had excellent luck with all the Audis I've owned. I will be very sad when I have to sell my '97 A4, but SugarRushMurano is right... they're costly to fix. I cancelled my 2004 Audi S4 order to buy the Murano after I realized how little back seat room there was in the S4. And luckily I did because the 2004 S4s are suffering from engine and transmission maladies.

Best of all, the money I've saved by buying the Murano allowed me to put down a deposit on a 2005 Lotus Elise!

Bob K.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I think Mercedes' quality has suffered considerably since their marriage with Chrysler.
Volvo has also suffered tremendously. My dad purchased a Volvo S80 2000 which was the first year Ford went to bed with Volvo and created Fjord. This thing is a piece of junk. My dad is 74 years old and he drives slow and carefully, only exceeding the speed limit by a few km/hr. Bulbs are burning constantly, (tail, parking, side lamps) warped discs and brake jobs constantly, shocks are gone, broke a motor mount, AM radio has the worst reception ever put into a car (Volvo says it was made this way and there is nothing we can do) Tranny has funny noises and random jerkyness since day one. Shall I go on?

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
sounds like euro car is loosing thier grip?

..lots and lots of people complain of degrading quality of euro cars.
VWs (especially the jetta) are one that i know have problems.
Audi, umm, i agree with rtking, if you are lucky, you will get a good audi...very seldom need fixing, but costly to fix. MercedesBenz, on the other hand, recently suffer degrading quality after chrysler's merge.

Sevral friends got bmw and saab and they still have good build and quality of euro car. This is just from asking around, no empirical data :-(.

So, japanese cars rules! Everyone? :p

·
5,268 Posts
one more myth......european cars...........great handling - yes, quality - hm.....................let's leave comments to others........:22:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"Best of all, the money I've saved by buying the Murano allowed me to put down a deposit on a 2005 Lotus Elise! "

now there is a car i wanna get!!!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Other car is a Acura TL...some other family members, friends also have Acura's and we all agree - BULLETPROOF! Exceptionally reliable. Looks/style are boring (a Honda tradition), but a great car. Just test drove the brand new 04 TL and it's the first Acura with great looks, and what a great ride for $33K...can't wait to trade in my 4 year old. Of course Honda has that great reliability reputation, and I must say that the very minor problems I've had over 4 years were all taken care of quickly, competently and WITH a TL as a loaner. I would have gotten a MDX instead of Murano but I just couldn't warm up to the looks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts