Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a trip to the Sequoia / Kings Canyon National Park. There wasn't enough cargo room for 4 adults and a baby (just the stroller took 1/3 of the trunk space!).

I went and bought the Yakima Low Rider towers and cross bars, as well as the Platinum Pro 16s roof top cargo box for some extra cargo space...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
sweet, i have the exact same box. such a sleek design. it looks like a little ufo landed on the roof of the mo. i'm debating whether to paint it pearl white to match the next murano. how are you finding the fuel econo and wind noise with it

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I average 16 over the entire trip, which I think is about 2mpg less than what I get without the box.

Wind noice was horrible at first, but then I found out I didn't mount it straight :eek:. Corrected it and the noise is still apparent, but bearable.

·
Registered
982 Posts
RandyMax said:
I average 16 over the entire trip, which I think is about 2mpg less than what I get without the box.
Interesting... I drove to Ohio from N.J. a few weeks ago, using Plus gas ( middle grade), I average 23 miles on the highway. I get 17.5 average driving around town.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
we purchased ours this past winter and the first time we had it on, the gas milage was horrible (13L/100KM) and the windnoise was alright but this was all due to the fact that there was a very strong crosswind the whole trip. the second time the milage was much better (9L/100Km) and the windnoise was barely noticable when we turned the music up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks for making this post with the pictures. The "16" seems to be the perfect size for the Murano, whether Thule or Yakima. I went Thule after all was said and done (because it let me reuse some Thule stuff from my previous Pathfinder), but the details from this forum were the ones that clinched it.

I went with the Thule version of the "16", the Ascent 1600. That rack is 76" long, and the "16" comes from the 16 cubic feet of cargo space. Its nice and short and stubby; perfect for the Murano and still long enough to put my 180cm skis into.

More writeup and picture here:

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11229

Thanks again
-beartrax79

1 - 7 of 7 Posts