Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like there's some gunslingers shooting going on at our next door freshalloy forum...

Now, for all the MO trainers out there on nissanmurano.org.
Are you experiencing the similiar problem with your MO...?

I agree with some of there posters; thin paint, loose body panels, and some wind noises...nah~ I guess I can live with it.

WonCha...?

Nizmo

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
4,601 Posts
I have to admit, I actually find those discussions, a bit amusing. We're not used to being able to complain to each other about little things, that in the past we would deal with in isolation.

Forums allow you to see the worst side of a vehicle and you have to keep in mind that this is nothing new with any vehicle. They all have little stupid quirks, or a common issue or three. But now, we can all get together and complain about it.

What I like about forums is the recognition of a problem and instead of just whining about it, actually working to get it resolved. Look at alternator failures. You think Nissan wants to do the warranty replacements? It eats into their profit, costs them money and annoys customers, potentially damaging repeat sales.

They could go the other extreme and try to ensure every part is 100% tested before it's assembled and the Murano would cost 5 times as much.

Overall, I do believe Nissan itself is doing a good job with the design and manufacturing of the vehicle. The Dealers are spotty, and need tighter standards, but how do you, as a manufacturer, enforce that? So it's important that you tell your dealer when you're not satisfied, and tell Nissan as well. And if you have a choice of dealers, look into the others.

But hey, it's just one guy's opinion.... I could be totally wrong!:D

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jaak

Nice post...no can complaint, after all I think MO is bang for the bucks! I Picked up mo over Infinity FX...the buck that I saved, invested in MO's after market parts...still lookin for cool stuff.

Keep rolling!

Nizmo

·
Registered
53 Posts
ROFLMAO... "I love you, MO! Ya big piece of crap!" -Cryogenix from Freshalloy :D

I've experienced the bad alternator and there's some chips on the paint over my hood because of long driving (stupid bugs) but I've been more than satisfied with my MO. I tried to listen for excessive wind noise while long driving with no music and the A/C off but I can't tell if they're abnormal..I can barely hear anything.

I love you MO! You replaced my piece of crap Chevy Nova!

Now if I can just find those elusive chrome roof racks like on the FX and the original MO...I wouldn't be able to stop staring at my car.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I've had the Mo for about 4 months/8000 miles and I still love it.

I have a 'tick' here and there, paint chips, sure, but so do a lot of new cars. Is my engine one of the quietest ones out there? Sure.

For the money, the MO still was a great deal for me as I wanted to keep a monthly payment low.

Could I rant and rave and gripe and complain about little annoyances that I know could have been done better? Sure, who couldn't?

I am fortunate so far in that I haven't had any major problems, and 'knock on wood" - aka my hollow head, I won't experience any.

By the way, the super duper radio may be a waste for me, lol, because I am always turning it down to listen to the engine.

·
4,601 Posts
ThisIsOly said:
ROFLMAO... "I love you, MO! Ya big piece of crap!" -Cryogenix from Freshalloy :D
Yeah I loved that too... Sounds like a good catch phrase for a Nissan Commercial!;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts