Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like many other non-Navers chose not to buy the NAV system with my MO, not because I didn't want it because I really really did - BUT it cost $4000CDN in Toronto which I didn't feel was worth it. I often regret not having it, but when I remember the $4K price I quickly change my tune. ;)

I have been looking for one of those portable DVD players (you know, those small ones with a 7" screen that close like a laptop) that can fit perfectly on the screen shelf of the MO. I have found a couple that fit, but they are 4:3 5" screens with too much plastic on the sides.

I'm trying to find up to a 7" 16x9 widescreen mobile DVD that can just sit in front of the MO screen while parked for watching movies. I think this is a good option for those wanting to watch DVDs and play PS/Xbox/etc for under $400.

If anyone has found a good mobile DVD player that maximizes the shelf space in front of the NAV screen, please let us know.

The MO shelf will fit 7" wide at the screen and 7 3/4" at the top of the shelf. Height is no issue.

Trying to find a slim line mobile DVD with around a 7" widescreen for a cheap price has been fun....but haven't found the perfect one yet to recommend to this forum yet.

Anyone found a solution yet?

hey, another good thing about this solution is you can give it to your kids in the backseat or take it with you camping, etc.

I'll keep researching and post a good make/model # when/if I find the perfect fit.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I saw a unit at Walmart yesterday that is a 7" (Durabrand) that comes with a second screen that can be connected to the main folding unit. This may be a good solution as you could just put the second screen on the shelf. Here is a link to Walmart.com with portable DVD players.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product_listing.gsp?cat=62056&path=0%3A3944%3A62055%3A62056

They also have a unit that has two screens with a non-folding DVD unit. The pictures on the sight show one in the Back of a Murano below.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts