Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I think it's time my MO got a little more chrome. It's black, and that silver shine is just irresistable...

So I have to grab myself some chrome wheels. I like how the Nissan chrome wheels are basically the SL alloys (same design). I've always liked that design, but I'm surprised Nissan doesn't offer the SE 'snowflake' wheels in chrome as well.

What else can be chromed? I remember a Murano concept that had chrome roof rails. Those were pretty cool.

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
doom-

while im not a fan of chrome (wouldnt mind havin my doorhalndle in matte black!!), i think the next step in chrome would be to swap out the window trim (gloss black) for some chrome colored ones....

that would help tie together the handles to the grille, to the (new) rims........

roof bars may look a bit overdone....... (maybe chrome endcaps on the crossbars??? i dunno really)

SMS

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
esemes said:
doom-

while im not a fan of chrome (wouldnt mind havin my doorhalndle in matte black!!), i think the next step in chrome would be to swap out the window trim (gloss black) for some chrome colored ones....

that would help tie together the handles to the grille, to the (new) rims........

roof bars may look a bit overdone....... (maybe chrome endcaps on the crossbars??? i dunno really)

SMS
I like that.. the part about the window trim. I've seen that on a few Audis and Passats and it always looked good. Hmm.

I wouldn't go beyond that, actually. The roof rails would be a bit much to have chromed. Heck, the window trim is a lot too.. but still a possibility. I'll start with the wheels ;)

·
Registered
443 Posts
What about the lower front grille? I suppose that could be chromed. The fronts of the two mirrors is another thought (Audi S4 style).

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I could see doing both/
That's a nice looking grill.
And note the CHROME roof rails.
And it wouldn't hurt to have the crease down the sides filled with a chrome arrow tying the chrome wheels to gether.

Homer

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
myself.........

i want gunmetal...........

everywhere there's bling......... i want gunmetal............

smilie - faced grille............gunmetal (aftermarket seems to be the best idea, onc3e some decent onse become mass - produced....until then, i really dont mind the smile too much; it kinda works with the headlight assemblies!!)

doorhandles................ gunmetal (powdered??)

wheels (foos 19 or 20's 6 spoke, centercaps......... in...............gunmetal)

badging on tailgate........... gun.......wait.... they're already gone........

anyway, thats the scheme i will pursue........

·
Registered
443 Posts
Given that the MO isn't really an 'enthusiasts' car in the strictest sense (I'm thinking STI, EVO8, Cobra, Z06 here), I expect we'll need 2 model years worth of cars on the road before someone starts making tons of stuff for it.

I noticed that for the S2K, much of the cosmetic (not performance) mods available come from owners who thought it'd be cool to make and market something. Pretty much, though, they just break even on the $

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gunmetal is nice... is it the anti-bling? ;)

The chrome mirrors are a good suggestion too. Hmm. The MO's mirrors are so big, though.. it might be too much!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts