Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
WOW QUITE A READ! That guy has the right stuff, and a lot of it. :)

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Recent Motortrend magazine edition..

say that Goshn is driving a Porsche 911. SO long for brand loyalty, even the Nissan CEo not driving his own brand :rolleyes:

Maybe Goshn is afraid nissan alternator will leave him stranded in the middle of no where..

In that same article, Honda CEO ( a japanese) has a CRV in his garage.:4:

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Here is Goshn's newest baby can be order for the first time on Monday so step right up. Will delivery and ALL the Goodies will cost you right at $50,000. Some of the outstanding goodies are:

1. The LCD is 8 inch!
2. The NAV includes Birds View.
3. Aluminum Hood, Doors and Trunk Lid.
4. Illuminated door Sills.
5. I lluminated controls on the steering wheel
6. Bluetooth
7. MP3 and WMA playback
8. 14 Speakers
9. Full range voice recogination
10. TPMS with pressure and Temperature.
11. Advanced Rearview camera
12. Comes in "Liquid Platinum!!!!!With Rosewood and fantastic Leather.

http://www.carsdirect.com/research/infiniti/m35/2006/base/photos

·
Registered
554 Posts
say that Goshn is driving a Porsche 911. SO long for brand loyalty, even the Nissan CEo not driving his own brand
Actually, Mr. Ghosn is quite brand loyal. However, as the smart CEO of an automobile manufacturer, he also has to keep an eye on the competition. That means driving competitors' cars to see how they compare. He doesn't personally "own" the Porsche - its part of a fleet of competitor vehicles that Nissan purchases and analyzes. All the car companies do this. Heck, I was at the Detroit Auto Show earlier this week and you should have seen the number of engineers from other car companies with clipboards, tape measures and digital cameras pouring over their competitors' cars. I saw two guys literally crawl under a Honda hybrid and start snapping pictures with only their legs showing. Another guy was sitting in a Chevy literally measuring and recording every compartment inside the vehicle - amazing!

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Jim C, is that legal?

Heck, I was at the Detroit Auto Show earlier this week and you should have seen the number of engineers from other car companies with clipboards, tape measures and digital cameras pouring over their competitors' cars. I saw two guys literally crawl under a Honda hybrid and start snapping pictures with only their legs showing. Another guy was sitting in a Chevy literally measuring and recording every compartment inside the vehicle - amazing!
Is this legal? I am amaze why car companies were allowing their competitors do this...:rolleyes:
If it would have been me, i would bring my notepads and digital camera ..all to take down the phone number and pictures of the motor show girls. Handing out business cards to them wont hurt either, rite? Who knows i might get lucky :4:

Anyone with me on this one?

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
Is this legal? I am amaze why car companies were allowing their competitors do this...
Sure - why wouldn't it be? You're displaying your vehicles and their attendant technology in a public forum. Of course, reverse engineering on something as complex as a hybrid power train is not so easy from even extensive digital pictures and measurements. Moreover, I bet the U.S. Patent and Trademark office may have a thing or two to say if you did copy patented technology. Regardless, my understanding is that a manufacturer displaying vehicles at the Detroit Auto show (or any public show for that matter) is going to have the more complex technology buttoned up in a complete package and attending displays will feature "dumbed down" explanations of the technology in terms the general public will understand.

As for the sugar at the show, there was quite a bit. I must say, however, that my favorite was a beautiful blonde woman at the Isuzu display on the lower level. Bright, intelligent brown eyes. I talked with her at length about the Isuzu's on display (all one model - the Axiom) and that company's plans for future introductions or the potential return of the Trooper. She was quite knowledgeable about the Isuzu's and cars generally. Somehow, however, I don't think my wife would have approved! :eek: :D

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
heh heh

As I was about to get in my Mo the first time to drive her home this itty bitty blonde named Kerri came out to show me all of the features and how to operate the console stuff. I gotta tell ya, that was the most WOW little girly, I have no idea what she showed me.
Blue eyes, perfect smile, a little butt you could drive nails with....oh my, she was something.

And yes, the wifey was right beside me, so I was a good boy....but when I take da Mo in for maint, I shoot right over to Kerri, "oh hi, how are you?"

hehe
:2:

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Sugar....

And yes, the wifey was right beside me, so I was a good boy....but when I take da Mo in for maint, I shoot right over to Kerri, "oh hi, how are you?"
I hear nothing
I see nothing :22:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts