Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you need a high power battery for MO, if you are planning to install DVD players...I know those high scrren LCD can draw lots of power out from your MO...I hear if you going to install 10+ inch screen you need to have second or high power battery/alternator.

Why there are white powdery like thinge forming around the battery contact, I normally just brush it off, but it keep forming around the +/- contact on battery. :rolleyes:

Anyone with the DVD player or experinecing same thing on their battery contact? Thanks!

Nizmo

·
Nissan Enthusiast
197 Posts
The screens draw negligable power. You could probably run the screen alone, with the car off, for hours with no problem. The problem comes in when you have to run an inverter, amplifers etc. If you are running a DVD player which is native to 12 volts then the draw will be almost nothing. Just think about it, a laptop with a tiny battery can run a dvd, big screen, sound card and a power hungry processor for hours. A laptop battery does not have any amphour capacity when compared to a car battery. You are no where near needing a bigger alternator. I'm running 3 amps, 2 aux screens, 1 nav screen, an inverter, xbox and all the other stuff in a fully loaded Mo'. The only thing I would consider at this point is adding a better battery, like a Yellow or Red top.

As for the white stuff, I am assuiming you park your vehicle outdoors. This is quite a normal reaction and is not because you are doing something wrong. The white fuzzy stuff will get more prominent as the connection between the battery post and the wire terminal builds resistance. Take the terminal off the battery and clean it with a 50/50 mix of water and baking soda (remember that from chemistry class?) Clean the battery terminal till it has a sheen to it. Use emery cloth if necessary. If you are really concerned about it you can put little felt washers on the battery post and coat it with a petroleum like jelly to slow the process down. They sell this stuff at your local auto parts store.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks generator

Thanks for your reply...

Im thinking to install one or two screens on my MO. Just wondering now if 'all in one player 50wx4=200w' doent needs heavy duty battery? Stock battery should do just fine right? :)

Thanks for solving the white powder mistery, dont know why but here in Hawaii many of us are living in high rise condominium, and
I park my car on level 4 parking lot. thunks for cleaning info.

Aloha,

Nizmo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts