Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does the new intelligent key for Mo look like? Is it like the new sleek I-key for the Infiniti's or the basic black box? Anyone have a picture to post?

·
The Member
104 Posts
Intelligent Key

Search forums for it, some members posted the pics of their new rides with that key along.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found the pic.
For those curious cats, the I-key is the same as the new version for the 2005 Infiniti's.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
grkmpower said:
can that be added onto a car that didnt have one origanaly???
That's a damn good question. This is another one of those cool features that I want on my MO, but it requires the Touring package for some stupid reason.

Additionally, I'm sure people would like to know if it's possible to add an intelligent-key to an 03 or 04 model without too much trouble...

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Don't all MO have transponder key? Or is "intellligent" key soimething else?

·
Registered
470 Posts
The intelligent key is like the remote key fob in that it has buttons to lock and unlock the doors remotely but it also allows you to open the doors and start the car without taking the device out of your pocket or purse. There is a rubber keypad like button on the door handle which you push to unlock the doors and then you turn a knob to start the car. If the intelligent key battery dies, there is a key built into the device which you can remove to open the doors and start the car like you would normally. The device itself is quite thin and has an oval shape to it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If the intelligent key battery dies, there is a key built into the device which you can remove to open the doors and start the car like you would normally
That's exactly what I was going to ask.

Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts