Nissan Murano Forum banner

Which SUV do you think will be the longest lasting, and most reliable?

• Murano

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • Pilot

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Highlander

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which SUV do you believe will be the longest lasting, and most reliable? Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander, or Nissan Murano...Be honest now!....Don't be biased if you own a murano :2:

·
Custom Knife Creations
293 Posts
am I allowed to choose and SUV not on the list??

·
Registered
466 Posts
I truely believe that the Pilot will outlast anything on the road. Honda doesn't mess around...

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
"guess I should have put "other""

Why?
What was the question?
I thought the purpose was to get the group think on the "big three" that specifically compete against each other in a market space.

It never crossed my mind that you were asking "what is the most relaible SUV built by anybody, at any price."

"Other" just changes the question, right?

Homer

·
Registered
136 Posts
I would be interested if people have other ideas for a reliable SUV. What would be your choice darrylburke?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Dookie said:
Honda doesn't mess around...
I think it'd be safe to say Honda messed around quite a bit with their first entry into the SUV arena....the Passport, which was just a rebadged Isuzu Rodeo. What a piece of junk that was!

And then there's the Element....:16:

Jeff

·
Custom Knife Creations
293 Posts
well not including the "direct competitors" I'd ahve to say an old 1980's Bronco.. it was nice and big and very "simple".. not that many things to go wrong with it, compared to newer vehicles.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
If I was going to try to guess the most reliable SUV without research, I'ld stick with Toyota and Lexus.
Maybe the Sequoia? Or the Big Lexi? like the LX 470 I think it is called.

I'ld bet that the Element, god bless it's ugly soul, turns out to be Honda Solid.

Homer

By the way, the ISwhateveritis for 04 looks interesting.

·
Registered
202 Posts
hfelknor said:
I'ld bet that the Element, god bless it's ugly soul, turns out to be Honda Solid.
Maybe so. I'm a big Honda fan, having owned two Accords and having seriously considered the Pilot before falling in love with my Murano. Interestingly, though, here's a sample list of the various TSBs on the Element:

TSB 03_059 Fuel Gauge Reads Empty

TSB 05_056 Rattle From the A-Pillar Trim

TSB 03-050 : Rear Hatch Trim Panel Is Loose or Falls Off

TSB 03-028 : Windshield is Cracked

Bug: Cycling Door Locks in 2003 Honda Elements

TSB 03-026 : Rear Seat Trim Cover Won’t Stay Latched

2003 Honda Element Crash Test Results

TSB 03-024 Rear Seat Release Strap Damaged/Missing

Several sound vaguely familiar........:p

Jeff

·
Registered
466 Posts
jpburk said:

I think it'd be safe to say Honda messed around quite a bit with their first entry into the SUV arena....the Passport, which was just a rebadged Isuzu Rodeo. What a piece of junk that was!

And then there's the Element....:16:

Jeff
The Passport wasn't made by Honda.

The Element isn't an SUV.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Pilot Honda's first SUV, with the exception of the Acura MDX?

If the MDX was on the list, I would choose that--bar none.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Dookie said:

The Passport wasn't made by Honda.
That's exactly what I said. But the Passport carried the Honda badge and was marketed as a Honda. That makes it a Honda, and a lousy one at that.

The Element isn't an SUV.
Try telling that to the folks at www.hondasuv.com. They would beg to differ with you.

Jeff

·
Registered
466 Posts
Say what you want....:rolleyes:

If you are one of those people that call these two an SUV by Honda just because of a technical standpoint, then there's no point. But I can't resist to ask you what the vehicle classififcation of the Element. The Murano is light truck. What would the Element be, light car?:confused:

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have often heard, "Buy a Honda car; buy a Toyota truck." And considering that Toyota has more experience building their own SUV's I would vote for the Highlander or one of the Lexus models.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Dookie said:
Say what you want....

If you are one of those people that call these two an SUV by Honda just because of a technical standpoint, then there's no point. But I can't resist to ask you what the vehicle classififcation of the Element. The Murano is light truck. What would the Element be, light car?:confused:
It doesn't matter what I call these vehicles. HONDA slapped their name badge on the Rodeo and called it their entry into the SUV market. If it was good enough for them, it's good enough for me. But that also means that they have to take responsibility for foisting a rotten vehicle on the public. I suspect lots of people bought the Passport and expected the traditional Honda quality. I'm sure they got quite a surprise.

Same thing goes for the Element. Who cares how I classify it? Honda calls the Element an SUV (or, more precisely, a compact SUV), so an SUV it is.

The Murano a light truck??? Not hardly. Being based on the Altima platform, it's got more in common with a sedan than it does with a truck. But again, Nissan classifies it as an SUV, and that's just fine with me.

Jeff

·
Registered
466 Posts
Okay whatever you say...no point in arguing over and over....it's all about interpretation....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts