Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rear lower motor mount

Unfortunately mine has a sensor in it. But my question is how important that sensor is? because removing the Rack & Pinion I ripped the sensor off and I don't want to put in the new R&P if I have to replace the mount because of the sensor. Will it give me an Engine Light if I just leave it like that? Thanks in advance.
did you ever get an answer on weather or not the sensor would through a code or not. I am replacing my Murano motor mounts, any help would be helpful.

·
Super Moderator
7,619 Posts
I don't believe the motor mount sensors are tied to the reporting system. They won't provide vibration damping if there's no connection, but I doubt it will throw a code.

But if you're replacing mounts, buy replacements that match the original setup; if it has a connection, buy a replacement with a connection.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The motor mounts don't have sensors. The wires are for controlling a valve in some of the mounts to adjust the damping and stiffness of the mount depending on the engine RPM, presumably to better isolate the engine vibration at both high and low RPM. They made it overly complicated and prone to failure. Even the suspension control arms have liquid filled bushings (though not controlled) that can rupture after 60-70k miles. I replaced mine with simple solid rubber ones and they feel just fine.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
14 Participants
Wolfgang Huang
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing