Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed my engine upper Torque Rod rubber has cracked/gone.

Anyone replaced this and also encountered the rear torque rod and three engine mounts gone as well while doing this replacement ??

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I've noticed my engine upper Torque Rod rubber has cracked/gone.

Anyone replaced this and also encountered the rear torque rod and three engine mounts gone as well while doing this replacement ??
IMO, the order that the engine mounts are likely to fail in the 2nd generation are: 1) front mount, 2) upper torque rod, 3) transmission mount, 4) side mount, 5) rear mount, 6) lower torque rod. Of course, YMMV.

The rubber on the front, rear, and side mounts aren't plainly visible so you more or less have to rely on engine roll tests to determine whether or not they might be bad. The torque rods are plainly visible. The transmission mount can be easily accessed through the splash shield on the driver side.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou. Might do both Torque rods and see the improvement.

The lower torque rod is replaced from underneath ?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Thankyou. Might do both Torque rods and see the improvement.

The lower torque rod is replaced from underneath ?
Remove the RH wheel and splash shield and you'll see it right there sitting on the subframe. Three bolts go into the subframe and then there's the one through-bolt that connects the rod to the bracket on the engine. If I recall correctly, one of the catalytic converter heat shield bolts also attaches to that mount. Doubtful it needs to be replaced though.

BTW, you may have to remove the windshield cowl to get the upper torque rod bolt near the firewall out. It's pretty long and I don't think there's enough clearance to take it out without removing the cowl or at least loosening a bunch of bolts on it so you can stick a pry bar in to get a little more clearance. Nevertheless, if you are able to get it out without doing so, let us know.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Here he seems to drop the upper torque rod bolt in ok
Then that confirms it doesn't need to be taken off. The video cut out when he was removing the bolt so he must have been messing around with it for a while until he found the right angle where it would come out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts