Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

As promised, here are the results of my installation of the Motorola hard install kit and the i830 phone cradle.

First of all, the quality of the speaker output is excellent, both loud and clear. While people speaking with me today reported knowing that I was speaking on a hands-free unit, they also told me that the reception was very clear, just that they heard more rad noises than usual (speaking directly in the phone). But, my sunroof was wide opened so I think that this is normal.

Here are a few pics with comments:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about that guys, I see them here but it seems that some authorizations are not set properly for public viewing of this FTP area. I'll fix this with the sysop ASAP...

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
How about just editing each post and attaching the pictures directly.. or setting up a gallery here? I'm explicitly considering this product and am dying to see it! :)

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello EasternPA,

I am sorry but I really don't know how to upload and join a picture directly in the body of the text on this site. The IMG button seems to refer only to an external link. If someone has more info on how to do it, it will be my pleasure to get those pictures online ASAP! :)

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
Hi SIM I just checked for you, and you cannot add a picture to a post you are editing. However, when you click "post reply" look underneath the text editing area. You will see an "attach file" field. If you can take the few minutes to do it, you could recreate each post, attaching the picture you intended to attach this time, and then edit each of the original posts, clicking the checkmark to delete them so as to reduce the clutter in the thread (i.e. useless duplicates). Jaak or hfelknor (Homer) should also be able to delete your duplicates after you've posted the new ones with the pictures attached. You may end up deleting this entire thread if you try to delete the first message, so I would delete the 2nd one down.

If you get errors about the attached pictures being too large, open each one in Windows by right clicking and choosing Edit. Then, with the picture to be edited up, hit Ctrl-W and change the resize parameter to 33% in each axis. Then resave with a new name like "picture1_small.jpg" and you should have no problem posting the smaller versions.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The control unit, properly seated and screwed directly under the dash. You can also see the wiring going to the brake control unit for the hitch. It is huge but nicely conceiled by the unit itself (the picture is off-focus but there was no better angle and not enough distance):

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Motorola i830 cradle and phone in action at night:

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The cradle again with daylight:

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The flip lid is passing by the wiper control at 1/8". I have positioned the cradle so that it sits to the righmost position without hiding anything and the pro is that I can keep my eyes on the road while glancing at the display. The con is that I have a little less room for my big hand when I manipulate the key in the ignition:

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The microphone attached to the A-Pillar:

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The PTT button handily positionned just beside the driver's seat. This button lets you toggle lines, pick up, put on hold and hang up the phone, depending on how it is handled (you can also peek at the nicest seat covers ever designed... MissSideless from misssideless.com):

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The speaker positionned on the passenger side, just below the lighter plug:

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The wiring under the phone cradle and you can also see the brake control unit, the infamous Tekonsha Prodigy. The little flashy connector hanging under the dash is the phone cradle antenna connector, not yet hooked to the in-vehicle antenna as I am not yet decided on which antenna I will install:

Attachments

·
4,601 Posts
Hmmm Familiar install... I had my timeport there, then my Nokia, now I'm waiting for the cradle for my V600 to go back to the Motorola.

Thanks for pointing out where the flip goes, that's not something I thought about!

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jaak, this seems to be the logical spot to install a cell phone cradle in the MO. I have picked the following antenna for my installation because of various factors but mainly because I do not want another whip sticking from outside any window.

http://wilsonelectronics.com/antennas/wcstealth.htm

1 - 17 of 17 Posts