Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live put in the country where mice are an issue getting into the air box below the air filter. They build their nest in them for the winter.

I have always made barriers out of hardware cloth to block their entry and will do so time permitting this weekend.

Anyway, has anyone done this on their MO’s yet? And if so, where did they place the barrier?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Enforcer said:
Is this necessary with the in cabin microfilter?
Oh yea!

What they do is enter thru the air intake (in the MO right above the radiator). Then they go into the air box just below the airfilter. They will fill the area up with seeds and bedding. The bedding can be anything but I have removed enough feathers, paper, and cloth the size of a basket ball!

My fear is if they breach the air filter, all of this would enter the engine.

·
5,268 Posts
Wow, you have a problem. I have never thought about mice........Thought snakes were the problem.

Good luck and let's know how did you go.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In our Volvo XC we had a mouse that had their nest in the glove box. Used the foam from under the seats.

I removed the nest, and put in moth balls. The next day the nest was back right besides the moth balls.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I just realized you meant the engine air filter. :eek: gads, I thought you meant the fresh air duct. Why not just put it in front of the intake?

Yeah mice are a pain. So are tree rats.

Snakes are probably going after the mice. I was following a friend of mine one day when suddenly he stops, jumps out and backs away from the open door. I get out and ask him what was the matter and he said he was driving along and felt something hit his thigh, he looked down and saw the tail of a snake. Funny now but at the time I was looking around for Alan Funt (sp?).

On a separate note...how do you remove the grill?

I can get the top loose but the bottom is held in with plastic fingers and they are tough and you can't reach them. I want to put hardware cloth in front of the radiator but can't figure out how to get the grill off without breaking something.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmmm...

Perhaps a snake in the air box would do the trick :D

·
Registered
719 Posts
Removing the grill. Instructions from the service manual say (Section EI, Exterior-Interior) page 20.

It just says to remove the grille pawls, and remove the grille assembly? There are three on each side of the center, at the very bottom. Looks like it pulls straight out the front but I don't know about the pawls.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts