Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'll be buying a new 2006 murano in the coming weeks (unless the new mazda cx-7 blows me away) and want to install a carputer.

Is there a way (have a professional do it) to move the stock bose radio into the glove box or even center console to make way for a 7" touch screen.

I'm planning on sticking either a laptop or a mac-mini (or the Aopen clone mini) under the seat.

I'll be asking lots of questions/looking around this forum over the next couple of weeks, still not sure how to power the lcd & laptop. Should I just plug them into the outlets in the car?

Anyway, can a professional move the radio to the glove box without any ill effects, aside of me leaning over the seat to change the station, hey that might be a plus if there is a girly sitting there!

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'll be asking lots of questions/looking around this forum over the next couple of weeks, still not sure how to power the lcd & laptop. Should I just plug them into the outlets in the car?
You'll find many answers to your questions if you do a simple "Search"

Some owners have done these:

You can't seperate the stereo from the climate control unit. It's one piece.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
The 06 comes with a 7 inch color screen already. All you have to do is get a touch screen kit from www.digitalww.com especifically www.digitalww.com/7TSK.htm and a convertor to let you input Video into the screen (someone in this forum is selling them) then stick a laptop or a complete book size carputer from www.mp3car.com/store/index.php?cPath=35 or www.mini-box.com and stick it under the passenger seat or inside the center consol and you are good to go!

Edit: These PC's don't use a lot of power but I would run a 4gauge wire from the battery to where you want the computer to be installed and connect to it. For more info check www.mp3car.com and good luck...:)

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Good man MR. Z

A Pithy but adequate and Quality reply. :)

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts