Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't seem to get my 06 MO with MP3 to recognize the disk. I can burn audio files to a CD and it does fine. When I burn MP3 files to a CD it sees nothing and gives and error. I am new to "ripping" and not sure if I am doing things right. I am using Windows Media Player to rip the files. Do you actually burn MP3's to a disk or do you need to convert them over to WMA files. Any help would be apprciated ........

·
Registered
747 Posts
ShaginWagon (Nice handle!!)

I believe you may need to go into OPTIONS via the TOOLS menu on Windows Media Player and ensure that you have the "Rip Settings" set for MP3 Files. Some MP3 Players will Play Windows Media Audio (WMA) files, but yours may not. I would check this first.

·
Registered
1 Posts
MP3 player in 2006 Murano doesnt play MP3's

Seeing the exact same problem seen by earlier member. My new 2006 has MP3 capability, but is unable to play MP3's! Have tried Mindows mediaplayer, Nero, Realplayer to burn MP3 CD's but the player is unable to play them. Player just starts a timer/counter that goes on forever with no tracks being played. Std audio CD's work fine. Funny thing is the MP3 CD's I am trying to use are working on MP3 players in other car models and my home theater so I know the CD itself is ok. Anyone know how to make this work?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I would say what pcs said about the options in WMP. Change it to make MP3s not WMAs. THe other is the disks. Some MP3 players don't play certain disks. Sometimes the gold ones don't work well, sometimes the blue ones don't. It depends on the player. I use the blue ones and they work. Good luck.

·
Registered
243 Posts
mine works fine...

·
Registered
20 Posts
ShaginWagon:

I just got my new wheels myself! What a great car...

Jus as data point so you do not give up. I am playing WMAs w/o any problem. I am usually ripping the music at 96kbps using Media Player. I also use the blue kind of CD-RW. Forgot to say... I will try some MP3 format as well to see what happen...

Good luck man!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have a 04 mo, they didn't have the mp3 built in did they?

That came out in 05?

Just want to make sure ... I tried a mp3 disc and it didn't work. :( and see nothing about having that option in my owners manual.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Margatenj said:
I have a 04 mo, they didn't have the mp3 built in did they?

That came out in 05?

Just want to make sure ... I tried a mp3 disc and it didn't work. :( and see nothing about having that option in my owners manual.
Unfortunately Nissan didn't "see the light" until the 06 model year to include Mp3 capability in their "high tech" Murano.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just want to point out, if you're having problems..

check to see if there are any firmware updates for your burner...and

Try burning them at a slower speed ... this will make your burnt discs more compatible.

·
Registered
51 Posts
MP3 Compatability

NOTE: MP3/WMA playback is only available (from the OEM stereos) with the 2006 Model. The previous models do not play back WMA or MP3 files.

Now... having said that... you CAN create what is called a "Red Book" CD that is playable on most CD players. I cannot say All, as some CD Players have problems reading CD-R or CD+R discs.

A "Red Book" format CD is the same format that you get when you buy a CD from a store. The format of the music is called the "Red Book" format. (Don't ask me why)

Now for those that have a 2006 with the BOSE system (I don't know if every stereo option has MP3/WMA playback) you can copy your MP3 and WMA files directly to a CD-ROM just like it was a hard drive, a memory stick, etc. These files will then play back on your stereo.

If your MP3s have ID3 tags (which is a standardized format for data within the music stream) you will even see data on the stereo display like song title, artist or albumn.

NOTE: Not all CD players will play ALL types of recordable CD media. Not every brand or type of CD-R, CD+R, CD-RW or CD+RW is compatible with every player.

I have used the CD-R format for years and find that everything I have ever tried to play it in, works. I have had best results with the blue or purplish media. Gold ones work most of the time, but not always.

Hopefully this information was helpful. I don't claim to have all the answers, but if you have questions, I will try to help.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Don't forget to close out your MP3 disc. You can burn a disc with MP3's on it that will work in your PC without closing it out (i.e. additional files can be added) but such a disc will not work in car players.

NERO Express makes it easy to burn MP3 discs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi All,

I am a new 06 Nissan Murano owner. Bought one just this week-end. It is a FWD SL with no other options.

The manual says that the CD player can play MP3/WMA. But the MP3 CD that I tried does not work. The screen will display the time and track number, but no sound.

Please let me know if this is a global issue or not. What makes me feel edgy is that usually most MP3 players will have a MP3 logo printed on it, but not the 2006 Murano. But does it still have the capability ?

--------------------------------------
2006 Pearl Nissan Murano (NiMo)

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
It's supposed to play them according to the manual and the brochure but I haven't tried it myself to see what is going on here. Your not the first to say this. I'm wondering if this could be an opened versus closed volume issue or digital rights or what. I don't have any mp3's or wma's guess I'll have to go find some and try this. I trust you are using a CD-R and not an RW?

And welcome, grats on your new MO.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Ripped and burned a CD with windows media player. The tracks were ripped to .wma files using the lossless wma format. On the burn, it created an audio cd with .cda files on it. This plays fine.

Used Nero to create a multisession data CD and used the aforementioned .wma files. This doesn't play.

Used Nero to create a single session closed data CD and used the aforementioned .wma files. This doesn't play.

Used Nero to create an audio CD with the aforementioned .wma files but it created a CD with .cda files on it. This plays fine.

All three play fine on puter.

So, it's not playing a CD with .wma files on it whether closed or multisession. It played the ripped and burned audio cd through either windows media player or Nero so I wouldn't think it's a copyright issue either.

This chump is stumped. :8:

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanx Enforcer,

What I think then is that either the music is copyrighted, or the writing format may be a mismatch, cuz I made sure that the session/disk is closed.

I will give it another try. I had used Nero to burn the MP3 CD.

--------------------------------------------
06 Glacier Pearl SL FWD Ni Mo

·
Registered
324 Posts
rajbhai said:
Thanx Enforcer,

What I think then is that either the music is copyrighted, or the writing format may be a mismatch, cuz I made sure that the session/disk is closed.

I will give it another try. I had used Nero to burn the MP3 CD.
I have used several types burning software, you might also try musicmatch, the freeby will let you slow burn and will close the CD properly.
BUT one warning if you have NAV you will not see the mp3 title with the map up.
See thread http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6549

1 - 20 of 54 Posts