Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normally on my Nissanmurano.org start page it shows GripperDon with 3,000 posts.

Today it shows 2979.

Just an observation.

You will now be returned to your regularly scheduled Internet.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Some first posts where deleted that removed whole threads and other posts within it...

·
5,244 Posts
Is the post count that important? I guess for some.

Anyaway, zebelkhan is right - when posts are deleted it changes the count..........

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kris said:

Anyaway, zebelkhan is right - when posts are deleted it changes the count..........

Not important for me, just an observation.

Grip, if ya wanna get back to 3K, ya best pop in...

:runaway:

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Kris said:
Post count is not important to me either (I bet you could not tell that from my post count info to your left :D ) but that is just for fun. I really could care less if mine goes up or down, or even if it exists but if it is important to someone else then I am going to respect it. What we started having a while ago was an undeclared "War of the Posts" where people started getting upset and threathened by higher post counts of others, resulting in some childish remarks and actions. I guess that is where we must draw the line....

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Dennis Fink said:

Before GripperDon left the board, he lost several posts when JAAK split the Dashboard Dimples thread and "accidentally" lost all the posts that were supposed to be moved to the new thead. The thread was split despite the NO-SPLIT votes of GripperDon and Zebelkhan.

Then, Eric L. had a problem with merging two threads and GripperDon's perfect post count of 3000 was destroyed.

Now, the Dimples, off topic thread where GripperDon had several posts has gone missing.

Talk about adding insult to injury, the file containing NVMYGT's "Mr.3000" graphic is missing. The pointer to the attachment is still in his post.
During my post merging incident (which was done so that the alternator failure list could be updated, a service that may have led to the recall everyone is enjoying today), even though many people had their post counts affected, Grip was the only one to ask for his count to be restored. Took a few days but I got it back up to 3000 like he asked. I also asked for zofsuv's post count to be amended as well since he took a great effort to maintain that thread and had lost a few dozen posts in the process of merging.

Perhaps if the greater good of the forum was considered (such as the success of the events leading up to the alternator recall campaign and information passed to members warning them of alternator failure symptoms) post counts would be less important to some.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Eric L. said:
Perhaps if the greater good of the forum was considered (such as the success of the events leading up to the alternator recall campaign and information passed to members warning them of alternator failure symptoms) post counts would be less important...
Could not agree more...

·
5,244 Posts
Let's do not go back and analyze what has happened, should have happened, could have happened, might have happened, what each of us perception is happened……nobody on this board has a full information of what was happening “behind the scene”. I am sure I know maybe a 20 % of it and taking it out of context is very dangerous. So please everyone keep this in mind before making further post regarding this topic.

The fact is that some posts have been deleted (authors have the rights to do so), which affected other posters (which is a pity). This board has been great and thanks to the members we have alternator recall. Let’s not loose a big picture and the good of great majority over post counts issue. Let’s bury this subject.

We are having a great weather lately! It stopped raining for 3 days! Finally was able to wash the Murano!
;)

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Dennis Fink said:

I did not know that GripperDon had asked for his count to be restored.

GripperDon left the board on March 5th and the merge problem happened April 1st/2nd. Did he communicate privately with you?

I though that the count was restored because zofsuvs, zebelkhan and bob1 pointed out that GripperDon's post count had fallen to 2884 in the Mr.3000 thread.
Yes in a PM. I didn't have a problem asking admin to restore Grip's post count. What happened in my case was that before merging two posts, I made a copy of the alternator failure post as a backup. After I successfully merged/edited the original alt failure post, I deleted the backup. Turns out if you make a copy and then delete it, it affects the post count (although strangely making a copy doesn't add to the post count). I didn't know that would happen so whoever wanted some adjustment afterwards got it.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I read (and post on) this forum as a useful tool in maintaining my MO, not my post count. If post count is the only reason some are here, perhaps they should take their posts (and overzealous moderator/admin) someplace that they might be more appreciated.:mad:

·
4,601 Posts
Hey Dennis, people are permitted to delete their own posts. When that happens, things are, uh, deleted!

Are you here for the forum or post counts? My Gallery is changed because I deleted pictures from it. I also removed some of my posts, yet I don't see you complaining about me no longer being at 4,000 posts.

So what's your point. Are you trying to do something truly useful to the forum, or just making a fuss to stir things up?

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Yeah.....Mr. 2979 is again Mr. 3000 :claphead: :claphead: :claphead: :claphead: :claphead:

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Staying Mr. 3000

I have been toying with the idea of deleting some of my own old posts so as to not go over 3000.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts