Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
E-

I can see the discussion now...

"What should I use on my new MO? Klasse? ....no. Zaino? ....no. Meguires? .....no. Mr Clean Auto-Dry? Hell yeah! Let me wash, polish and shine my MO all in one step. Get my car looking showroom new is just 5 minutes."

The sorry thing is I most likely would have used something like that on my MO. That is before I hooked up with the lunatics and fanatics on this forum (you know who you are). Now I find myself slowly morphing into one of those fanatics (or lunatics). The MO gets hand washed about once a week. Each wash is followed up with a Zaino Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal. Hell, before the MO the last time I hand-washed a car was when I ran a benefit car wash 15 years ago. Before I joined this forum I was happy taking my car to an automatic car wash. Now I cringe just driving by one.

Sorry, E, I am rambling. No, I never tried the Mr. Clean Car Wash. And never will.

-njjoe

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh you would like it, it's easy. The soap ain't worth a flip just keep handwashing the way you are and polishing or waxing the way you are, but use this as your final rinse. No water spots, and no need for towel dry. It has a water filter built into it.

I washed the MO and Z today, towel wiped the Z and mr. clean final rinsed the MO. No more towel drying for me and no more water spots :).

Any decent filter should provide the same results, but I like this because its at the end of the hose.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Ahhh, now I see why you brought it up. I thought you were making fun of it. But since you are one of those lunatics and fanatics I was referring to (no offense intended) I should have known better. Now I will probably have to go out, get one, try it, like it, and then have to eat my words. Thanx Enforcer.

-njjoe

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i've used it and it does work as advertised... but replacement filters are too darn expensive. i'd rather buy a good waffle weave MC towel and dry it by hand. that way i have some one on one time with the MO. anyways back to my zaino treatment.:cool:

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
njjoe said:
Ahhh, now I see why you brought it up. I thought you were making fun of it. But since you are one of those lunatics and fanatics I was referring to (no offense intended) I should have known better. Now I will probably have to go out, get one, try it, like it, and then have to eat my words. Thanx Enforcer.

-njjoe
LOL, it's all Homers fault, he Zaino'd me :xnuts:. If your like me looking to work smarter instead of harder, especially with the summer heating up, this is along the same lines of Zaino, real easy. I was amazed. I was also amazed you haven't tried it yet :D.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
we've got pretty hard water up here so i don't think the filter would last as long. i'm just bummed out that i can't hand wash the MO this year. our pipes cracked over the winter and we have yet to fix them. the micro marring is adding up and the wand washing strips the zaino quite quickly.

·
Read Only
554 Posts
Have it, use it, love it!

I've got one of the original Mr. Clean Car Washers. Its great in that it works as advertised. I handwash the Murano using the soap applied by the Mr. Clean handle. Final rinse with the filtered water and zero spotting. Just walk away and it dries spot free without a towel. The newer one pictured has a more forceful jet spray but is otherwise the same. To me its worth less than a buck a wash additional not to have to dry the Murano by hand!

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I use it too and it is great. However, I sometimes use spary wax while still wet so I end up towel drying anyway!

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
i use it and like it a lot. .... but there is a problem.... a history of rainfalls the next day....

it happened to me 5 times already.... the day i washy my MO baby and wax it up good.... the very next day showers come up and baby is dirty within couple of days......

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
hasaanbhutta said:
.... the very next day showers come up and baby is dirty within couple of days......
Within couple of days? That is good. Mine gets dirty the same day........:2:

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL

Ok then you'll like this. A week ago I went out to wash the cars, got the buckets and all the stuff ready and I heard thunder, looked up and the sky was getting dark. So I went back inside waited till the thunder stopped went back outside got the buckets back in place then it started clouding up again and thundering. So...third time I waited went out saw the clouds shook my head, said to heck with it and washed them both. It never did rain. :D.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i'm permanently cursed, i check the weather yesterday after i zainoed the mo and it said no rain for the week. wouldn't you know it... it rained today. it always rains within a couple days (2 at max) after i wash the cars. my dad used to have the same problem now it's passed on to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts