Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2018 Murano has three dealer installed mudflaps. The center (just in front of rear wheels) uses a wall anchor type of expanding push pin. The right side came loose and flapped at 50+ mph speed.
I inquired at the Nissan dealer parts dept for replacement Fasteners. Parts dept sent me to a service writer who reached in a drawer, hopped under the car and popped a new push pin type fastenety no charge.
My left side mud flap did the same yesterday so I'm headed to the dealer today for another expected fix.
Apparently this is a flawed design the the dealer addresses w a quick free install to try to make it a non-issue.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Was trying to find the thread I saw talking about this but can’t at the moment. Appears to be a known issue and some claim it is designed that way. Positive is that they aren’t charging you got the push pin but I think some said you could buy a bag of them pretty cheap and not have to go to the dealer every time it happens. Haven’t experienced yet on my 2019 but I haven’t had it long either.

·
Super Moderator
7,619 Posts
Those push pins get a bit hard to work with after they get dirty. Having spares isn't a bad idea.

I get a kick out of this approach, because my 1970 240Z had push pins to mount the interior panels. Seems like Nissan has been using that approach for a long time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Pilgrim
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing