Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought some mud flaps yesterday... The fronts went on perfectly, but the rear I noticed needs to have hole drilled out to have them mounted..

Am I crazy to think you need to remove the tire to drill? I thought this would be a whole lot easier than changing the headlights and the fog lights, but maybe not..

Is there an easier way someone has found?

·
Registered
781 Posts
I haven't done it - but I don't think there'd be enough room to fit a drill in the wheel well with the rim/tire on. About the only way you could maybe make it work would be to jack it up and see if there is enough room with the wheel at full drop.

The fronts are easy because you have the steering wheel to move the tires out of the way.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got it done...

I did have to remove the tire. There was not enough room with the tire on, jacked or not. (Unless you have one of those right angle screwdrivers with a very short 1/4" bit.
I did not...

I read in a earlier post that nissan wanted $90 and that is why.. they ave to take off the wheel.. Once off, the installation takes about 1-2 minutes flat..

Design error!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I wouldn't call it a design error. Let's say they gave enough clearance to drill then people would complain that area of the vehicle looks funky.

Plus drilling the hole is a one time affair so if it is a little tough then so be it. Removing tires is not all the fun, I do it twice a year to put on the snows, but a floor jack and stands makes it easier.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
O.K.. maybe not a design error in true to the sense of the term, but I was referring to possibly having the holes already cut out, and something else there. (as with the fronts)... BUT... then there are those who will say "I don't like the look of those mud flap thingies and would hate to have something (i.e. screws) where the mud flaps would go..."

In any case... It's done, I'm glad, it looks better...

:2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts