Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

The muffler tip got crushed on the left side of the wife's MO, and I have to replace it and maybe the outpipe from the muffler as well.

The story is that I basically I put the car in a ditch in a nasty Idaho snowstorm :eek:. All was fine until my buddies came over and yanked the rig out. In the process, the tow eye bent sideways (we used a lot of force and an F-350) which crushed the muffler tip and bent the muffler outpipe up towards the bottom of the bumper.

I may have to replace both tips since I don't have the time to get to the dealership for a replacement (it's 70 miles away and this particular dealership sucks), but I don't know the diameter of the muffler pipe.

Who knows this pipe diameter? I figure it's 2 inches but perhaps a bit more? An answer would be graciously appreciated.

Oh, btw, the wife and kids were in the car when this happened. Overconfidence in bad conditions, even with studs all around and a good car, is always a recipe for disaster. Lesson learned and thankfully, she went easy on me. And next time I will wait for the tow guy and a winch and happily hand over the $100 bucks.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found this on a search off another thread:

The pipe is 2 1/2 or bigger going up to the slip ons, then changes down to 2 in for the slip ons. I am going to cut the 2in part offflr better flow and loos, as its about 3in long and shows up in the middle of the slip on.
So I think I am going to cut off the 2 inches as well on the end of the muffler pipes to accomodate the new tips, which will be 2 1/2 inch tips. I will repost what I find and maybe take some photos to show the exhaust pipes.

Trev

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Trev,

I seem to remember that someone on this forum replaced his muffler tips with parts purchased at Walmart. I think one of his original tips fell off.

Good Luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts