Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
It has stainless steel exhaust pipes, this probably applies to the Ypipe coming off the engine, and the intermediate exhaust pipe. I suppose the muffler is part of the exhaust system, so it may be stainless steel as well (although it sure doesn't look it).

·
Registered
139 Posts
The tips are stainless steel. And guess what. They fall off, just like mine did, sometime from 4 days ago from when I bought it till now. I just purchased some chrome slip on's just like the ones the MO has, which look 10x better for $12 at Walmart.
The MO has stainless steel slip on tips. They are cheap and come right off. I pulled on the other one to see if it would come off as well and it slipped right off. Not a good setup if you ask me. They aren't bolt on as well, so you can't tighten them up.
The new ones I bought are 10x better, look 10x better, and bolt on and are sure to stay.
And are Chrome to match my rims and the rest of the Chrome on the vehicle. I know why they put stainless on, cause they won't rust. But come one, spend a little and put some nice ones one.
BTW- The pipe is 2 1/2 or bigger going up to the slip ons, then changes down to 2 in for the slip ons. I am going to cut the 2in part offflr better flow and loos, as its about 3in long and shows up in the middle of the slip on.

Just my opinion and taste.

Chez

·
Registered
466 Posts
Yes! Lets see some photos! I was wondering what an aftermarket exhuast would sound like since our tranny never shifts? Just a continuous drone, I guess....:confused:

·
Registered
139 Posts
They are just aftermarket bolt on tips that are a little beefier than the stock stainless ones, these are Chrome. So I doubt the sound resonation will be different. Maybe slightly due to the different design. I willl be able to tell tomorrow when I install them.
I will also take pics so everyone can see the difference.
For a REAL difference in sound you would need to buy a cat-back exhaust system which I doubt they have yet since it is so new, but they usually run around $600. They do add power, and of course some nice sound.

Chez

1 - 6 of 6 Posts