Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Drove my 2015 Murano platinum (60,000miles) to work today, no problems, no problems ever so far. After car sat in parking lot for 7 hours I started car fine, drove for less than 5 min when the dash console said AWD malfunction, check owners manual, this continues to pop up multilple times while also saying Key malfunction ( I think, something about the key fob) also the blind spot monitor cut out, the mph gauges both digital and needle read 0 while driving at least over 25 mph, the check engine light came on as well as the traction control light, and also my head lights kept changing from low beam to parking without touching lever knob.

I Stopped at a gas station after another 5 min of driving and shut off engine, which required multiple presses of ignition button. After letting sit for a minute or two I turned car back on, warning lights came up right away, traction control abs, engine, blind spot still not working and head lights changing on their own again.

This time mph gauges both digital and needle worked but rpm gauge stayed at 0 and car had very hard time accelerating, was able to get home (about 8 miles) and park but driving in reverse up drive way was a struggle.

Rpm gauge stayed at zero the whole time. After parking and letting sit another couple minutes , turned car back on and everything seemed fine except check engine light is on, have yet to drive again. Tried to check google for something similar but no luck so far.

If Anyone has any info, I would greatly appreciate it, my father has a diagnostic tool to check engine code that i will use tomorrow, but not sure if it will give an accurate reading after so many things went wrong all at once for no obvious reason. Also it had rained pretty hard earlier but that was a few hours before I even left for work, other than that nothing was out of the ordinary before I left or when I returned to vehicle. Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
9,153 Posts
Most of the time when a Murano exhibits this kind of crazy behavior, it means your battery is dying, However, you posted in the 3rd gen forum so this vehicle should be new enough that it's not likely to be a problem. I'd check your battery connections and make sure that you have excellent contact to the + and - cables.

PS: If you can break that block of text into separate paragraphs and thoughts, it would help. It's extremely difficult to read and understand.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your info. After checking the diagnostic codes, 4 came up.

U0100- lost communication with ecm/pcm A

U0101- lost communication with tcm

U0073- control module communication bus off

P0500- vehicle speed sensor A

After clearing codes, and checking/cleaning the battery conections, the check engine light went off and the car seems to be running normal again, after driving around for a couple miles.

However I am still not sure what might have caused the initial problem in the first place, should I look for the CAN bus connections to inspect for any visual problems?

Any other ideas or thoughts would be apprrciated, thank you for your time.

·
Administrator
9,153 Posts
I would simply clear the codes and see if they come back. I bet it was dirty terminals and it works ok.

I could be wrong.... :unsure:

Reactions: MuranoSL2003
1 - 5 of 5 Posts