Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:evil:

Well, I have had the Marrano (yes, Marrano) about three months.

Gas mileage sucks! 14.6 city 15.5 highway ?????
Rattles and squeaks like an old haggard 20-year old vehicle!
Thunking sound in rear sounds like it should be squealing (if you get my drift)
No satellite radio fix! Lied to and fraudulent misrepresentation by four Nissan sources!
Front seat rocks like an old, worn-out computer chair!

Took it to the two local dealers; it was purchased out-of-state.

Wrote to Nissan multiple times.

They tell me in so many words "this is our great product and it is p-e-r-f-e-c-t.

What POS and BS

·
Registered
3 Posts
Buyer's Remorse?

I hope you are documenting your service problems. Most states have a "lemon" law & you have recourse so long as your complaints are valid and documented.

Regarding the satellite radio, I was told "late availability" & that the model I had did not include it. I was given two choices beforehand: wait for later purchase or replace the radio at my expense later.

·
Registered
116 Posts
That's not correct according to the latest information regarding the sat radio. Once Nissan has a supplier for the wiring harness that connects the sat module to the head unit, you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Truth, Fantasy, and Misrepresentation

The truth is that there will be NO retrofit for existing Nissan Muranos. Nissan corporate is adament about the fact that it would represent a "cost" for them to retrofit the radio and that it would include removing most of the large dashboard to get to a fix. While this may not indeed be a truthful statement, it IS the Nissan position. In fact, new Murano vehicles are being shipped WITHOUT a satellite button on the radio head.

The fantasy is that there will be a free, retrofix. The way to get this fantasy into the "reality mode" is for everyone with a Murano--regardless of whether they want the SAT radio or not--to start hammering Nissan about it. The situation casts an ominous cloud on the integrity of the manufacturer--and rightly so.

Lastly, misrepresentation. I wanted to include an attachment from XM radio website dated 2/12/03 when I downloaded it. . It included a direct link to the Nissan Murano model and XM is in partnership with many vehicle brands. After 2/12/03 when I alerted Nissan corporate about the satellite radio, apparently XM changed the page and dropped the Murano model. Unfortunately it is a large file and will not load as an attachment to this posting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts