Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, it is true – 4 speed auto. It is offered in Latin America. See the picture below.

The price is astronomical – a dealer quoted me, for SL AWD with NAV etc. 145,000,000 pesos, which is roughly equivalent to US$50k! I could not believe it. I would never ever pay this for a Murano. But the 4 speed auto is interesting. I wonder why they do not offer CVT.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The CVT is not offered in Latin America because the dealer network is probably not as extensive down there for repairing the vehicle. Also, the CVT might have some temp issues, esp in hot climates. That might explain why there are so many cooling devices installed on the CVT (I hear there are three coolers on it)...as well as the stupid metal scoop on the bottom!

I also notice that HP and torque numbers are different. It reads 240hp at 5800rpm, and 240 lb/ft (I converted it) at 3600rpm. I believe the North American spec for Murano is 245hp at 5800rpm, and 246lb/ft at 4400rpm.

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you are right Eric, just another variation of VQ.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Check the gasoline available down there and you might find the lost 5 HP.
I don't think the 91 octane is avail down there. Not in Columbia the last time I was there.
And I don't think Pemex (Mexico) had it either.

Homer

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hm...........good point. Will check it out next week..........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts