Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2004 murano, car feels like it's in limp mode - won't go over 20 mph replaced throttle body, car still stuck @ not going over 20 mph any suggestions would be great thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you but was hoping for a little more information... of possibilities, it is at an after market shop and just wanted a little input before getting over charged for things that may or may not be wrong with it....

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
How many miles on it? Sounds like you're in limp mode. Is the SES light on? If it's the CVT you're warranty extension is 10 years or 120k miles.

·
Registered
12,511 Posts
Your MO appears to be operating in the "limp-home" mode. Is the SES light on? If so, what are the codes? Did this problem start before or after you changed the throttle body?

-njjoe

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
prior to it acting like this - it was in the shop for - valve covers and radiator when the upper intake was removed it arced off the battery for less than a second - then the rest of the repair was completed when it was test driven it ran like the parking brake was engaged (like there was no power) so at that time they replaced the throttle body - and it is still running the same - the car itself has over 170,000 miles on it - the only code that was on prior to all of the above was the secondary pressure down and they added fluid and the code went away - no other codes are present - and I don't want to keep slapping parts on it - thank you for any help!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
also the rpms will get up to barely 2000 when flooring but no faster - the harder you push the accelerator the slower it goes...

·
Registered
12,511 Posts
w4g-

A Nissan tech can hook your MO up to a Consult-II diagnostic tool and let you know which component is out of spec.

It sounds like the short-circuit may have fried the circuitry or corrupted the memory in the ECM. If this occurred at the hands of a reputable shop then they should be the ones responsible for troubleshooting the problem and making it right. Be warned it could be a lengthy and costly proposition.

-njjoe

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
he said that the intake was disconnected from the car and arcd off the positive side of the battery to ground - and that the ecm should be okay? Said all fuses on ecm were good... this is a friends shop and I am hoping it is something not too big as they were trying to help save money... they are willing to cover the cost considering it happened there but now it's suspended in air unknown...

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
Bad mass air sensor?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thank you all for responding! Praise God they got it fixed - they pulled the O2 sensor and it ran like a charm - looks like a new cat!

·
Registered
5 Posts
thank you all for responding! Praise God they got it fixed - they pulled the O2 sensor and it ran like a charm - looks like a new cat!
I know this has been quite awhile but I'm having the same issue. What do you mean they pulled the o2 sensor? Like pulled it completely off or just unscrewed it and capped it?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think what the person meant about the removing the O2 sensor, is with it taken out that the engine exhaust would have a place to escape, since a plugged cat will be a huge flow restriction.
Just adding this since no one explained it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts