Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any major changes coming for the Murano 07? Would it be worth waiting for and when are the 07's due?

Thanks
Gary

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
gquiring-

I have not heard or seen anything definitive yet. I would guess we should hear something from Nissan during the Summer, with 2007 models available in December.

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Since the 2006 model was effectively a midcycle refresh, I wouldn't expect any major changes for the 2007 model. Nissan has lately been on a five year model cycle - three years, then a midcycle refresh for the last two years. So we might get a new Murano in 2008 (although the design looks so modern, I doubt it will change significantly).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Finally! A 2007 thread! :2:

I have been in the market for a 2006, but life being the way it is, I still haven't made the plunge. So I have been beginning to wonder if I should wait for the '07s... after all, what is 6 more months? :rolleyes:

I don't know anything about the '07s, but looking at the rest of the lineup for next year (Maxima, Altima and Sentra), I am going to guess we will see the addition of things like the Bluetooth Hands-Free Phone System and iPod/mp3 player connectivity. Also, the final step in the move to Intelligent Keys will be the elimination of the standard turn key ignition -- in its place will be the push button ignition found on the 2007 Altima. And it's possible the Navigation System will incorporate a touch screen (07 Altima).

Other than that, who knows? I really don't expect to see anything other than styling and technology upgrades.

2008 may be the year a Hybrid version becomes available, since it will be due for a major refresh then... but I am sure it will depend on how well the 07 Altima Hybrids go over.

·
Read Only
554 Posts
2008 may be the year a Hybrid version becomes available, since it will be due for a major refresh then... but I am sure it will depend on how well the 07 Altima Hybrids go over.
Don't hold your breath on a hybrid Murano. Ghosn doesn't believe in the technology and won't bet long term on it. He's authorized the Altimas for 07 so that he can satisfy a few niche needs and because he needs at least one hybrid in his line up. However, he's been quoted in numerous articles about how he doesn't see hybrids as a viable option. The cost for manufacturer is too high versus the return. Besides not being able to charge the full increase in price from manufacturing hybrids to the consumer, each hybrid sold takes away a potential sale from a more profitable conventional version of the same car. Given this, and a few other reasons, Nissan won't be expanding into hybrids. More fuel economy savings are achieved on a fleet-wide basis utilizing technologies such as CVT's (ever wonder why they are being put in so many other Nissan car lines?). If anything, I would expect Nissan to go diesel before it invests any significant expenditures into hybrids.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Also, given the record sales this year, I doubt they will feel the need to add equipment or make large changes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I doubt you'll see any major changes for the 2007, or the 2008 I'd bet. The 2006 refresh was very nicely done and the Murano already has most of the major features coming out on the big 2007 launches (Altima, refreshed Maxima, and G35). The only thing I can see Nissan throwing in is bluetooth, but I don't know if it would be for 07 if they do it. If you are interested in that, you might want to wait until more news is out there, otherwise an 06 will be just as nice as an 07.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking to buy new MO as well and can't figure out if it worth waiting for MO 2008 major redesign that most likely will be in the dealershops in a year. I've been reading about many prolems with CVT on current generation MO. Does anyone know if CVT was improved on 2006 and up models or still the same as it was from the begining?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I wouldn't say there are that many problems with the CVT, in fact it has done well enough that Nissan is putting the CVT in another vehicle to be offered next year. There have been more problems with other components e.g. alternators that affected several Nissan models than CVTs. We concentrate our attention on it because it is new to us (except an early poor attempt by another company years ago) but CVTs have been used for many years in europe and asia. And of course here on a car forum most people come here when they are looking for an answer to a problem instead of coming here to post successes so that information is skewed as well. Luckily we do have a few fans left that keep the boilers lit, but we can be skewed as well.

I haven't seen any formal statistics posted, but I believe there have been more problems with typical automatic transmissions than the CVT in the MO. This particular CVT has done well, albeit not perfect, but nothing is. The biggest issue to me is that whenever there is a CVT problem, it's a total replacement instead of letting the local dealers fix something inside of it. But that has changed a little bit recently as well. I hope to see this trend continue as that is the single biggest issue about the CVT to me. Several coworkers this year had automatic transmission problems and it was a $1000-$2000 fix. If we could repair the CVTs here for a $1000-$2000 vice a total replacement for $4000 that would put the CVT repair on par with typical automatic transmissions.

As I said in another thread, I wouldn't expect a major redesign. The MO is pretty well refined now and many other manufacturers are trying to copy it. It would be a tough decision to totally revamp such a trend setting success. I would expect some minor variations until the total units sold starts to decline rapidly, then we may see a total revamp. That may happen in 07-08-09, who knows. With that said, they may wish to make a bold move and set another trend by a total revamp to stay paced out in front. But I doubt it. Thats a tough decision to make when you have such a success going.

I would look for a smaller sized offering though as gas prices rocket. Maybe a 4 cylinder version or a hybrid. 20/24mpg is great for this vehicle but a smaller one that got 25/30 would be better for some. Of course flying in the face of that is the resurgence of the muscle cars which blows my mind. While there is a segment that wants performance over economy, there is a also a segment that wants economy over performance. The Murano is a great balance between the two.

Bottom line, don't wait just to wait. Go drive one and see if you like it. If you do, then buy it. If you don't, look elsewhere or wait. The MO's reliability is above average. Nissan customer service is the issue that is below average.

·
Registered
248 Posts
So the '07 Murano is scheduled for a December release? Is there any particular place out there on the web that gives concrete release dates for Nissan models? I am trying to decide between a new Titan or a Murano, but I really want the integrated ipod solution and if the bluetooth thing will come on the '07 then that's something I'd be willing to wait for.

Thanks and regs,
Jeff

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
SliderJeff-

I suggest you periodically check the nissan-usa.com website. That is probably the first place that will have the definitive list of features. The 2007 Sentra and Altima are currently listed. I am sure the Murano is not too far behind.

-njjoe

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thanks, njjoe. I've been hitting that site all week for info on the Titan and Murano. I was hoping there was something a little more "inside" as far as info, as most of the product websites I tend to visit are about the LAST PLACE to be updated with correct/new info.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
SliderJeff-

Yeah, the "insider" websites are always fun to view, however the accuracy of the info is questionable at best. Since you are basing your purchasing decision on whether or not the MO has specific features I would make sure the source of information is reputable.

Good luck.

-njjoe

·
Registered
248 Posts
njjoe said:
SliderJeff-

Yeah, the "insider" websites are always fun to view, however the accuracy of the info is questionable at best. Since you are basing your purchasing decision on whether or not the MO has specific features I would make sure the source of information is reputable.

Good luck.

-njjoe
No worries. Thanks, Joe. To be honest, I'm still in the "do I want to get rid of my F150 right now or not" mode. I was thinking the next vehicle would be a Titan, but with gas prices what they are, and the fact that I don't use the truck portion of the truck all that much, it might be wiser to look elsewhere. My wife asked me point blank last night, "if you weren't to get a truck what would you get." I've been thinking it over all day long and it seems like the Murano is a good call for our family and me. Now I need to digest about 4 billion pages of posts to figure out if it's a good call or not. :)

Thanks again,
Jeff

·
Registered
89 Posts
SliderJeff said:

To be honest, I'm still in the "do I want to get rid of my F150 right now or not" mode...Now I need to digest about 4 billion pages of posts to figure out if it's a good call or not. :)
I went from a 1997 Ford F-150 that I bought new (never had a problem with that vehicle, either!) to a 2005 Mo...other than sitting higher in the F-150 (which I enjoyed), no regrets, whatsoever!

·
Registered
248 Posts
SgtRich said:

I went from a 1997 Ford F-150 that I bought new (never had a problem with that vehicle, either!) to a 2005 Mo...other than sitting higher in the F-150 (which I enjoyed), no regrets, whatsoever!
Thanks, Rich. We still have about $8k or so to pay off on the Pilot. My truck is all paid off. So it's a question of, "how long do I keep this gas guzzling beast which is paid off" versus incurring a new car payment... assuming we pay off the Honda outright. Or do I just wait longer until we pay off the Honda with monthly payments and THEN get my truck. One of those, buy now... or buy in 2-3 years decisions.

Thanks again,
Jeff

·
Registered
6 Posts
Stability and Traction Control in SUVs has been in the news quite a bit in the last few days. Given all the good press from the media and Insurance Co's - do you think that the 2007 Murano will include Stability/Traction control as a standard feature? Or at least more available with different package options.

I'd really like to have this feature (and judging by tests and recent reports it seems like an pretty important feature) but also prefer the cloth seating (for looks and function) and this combination isn't offered in 2006 models. Test drove in the leather and the seats aren't that contoured so I was moving around quite a bit. (I'm used to a much smaller/sport contoured seat -low to the ground, so driving in an SUV is a big change anyway.)

Now I'm just trying to decide if I should wait for more info on the 2007's or skip the stability traction control option and just get the 2006.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
You might get a good price on a 2006

Suv sales are in the tank. If the control is going to be standard in 07 then wait until they announce that and see how good you can do on price. Also I think the 06 produced after the fuel shiel recall don't have that plastic abortion under the Mo.

·
Registered
248 Posts
So anyone have any more info on this? I thought for sure we would see the Bluetooth and ipod interface standard for '07, but I don't even see the Mo listed on the Shift 2.0 site. And the NisssanUSA page for the Mo is just the same as it ever was, with 2007 instead of 2006 listed. Thoughts?

Regs,
Jeff

1 - 20 of 20 Posts