Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago, right after my Murano 2015 Platinum AWD (purchased new in March 2015) crossed the miracle 36 month/36K line, my ICC (front collision) sensor stopped working.
It starts fine, but after almost exactly 10 minutes of driving (sometimes 6-8 min, once whole 25 min, but 95% of time 10-12 min) I hear the beep and the sign goes on. Dealership first tried to tell me it does not work in the rain (which is BS, it worked in the rain and fog perfectly before), now they claim my car was in an accident (which it was not) and the whole "core" needs to be realigned. I do admit, I take it off to the dirt roads in the nearby Mojave desert sometimes, but nothing really 4x4, I know my limits.
Anyway, several weeks in, 3 visits to the service, several calls to Nissan Consumer Affairs, I'm in the same place: about 10 minutes after the engine start the ICC censor goes down...
What do I do?

·
Registered
113 Posts
If your out of the warranty period I would guess your going to have to pay to get it fixed unless you have a extended warranty of some kind... good luck

·
Registered
267 Posts
This is a huge problem. I had this exact problem. Dealer needs to replace the radar module. Recalibration and resetting the system and anything else short of replacing the module will NOT work. Believe me, I've been there. I spent every other day in the dealer for about a month until they gave up and replaced the radar module and finally worked as normal. Take it to DTLA Nissan and ask for Ace. They know about my car. Just tell him The gray Murano with the same problem that got lemon lawed and they'll know lol. I lemon lawed it for this reason. Well, this and the trunk that decided to only work when it felt like it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts