Nissan Murano Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Design problem? This car is not designed for people who like to drive more than 100mph. If you want an SUV that can drive comfortably at Autobahn speeds then you should have bought an SUV made to run on the Autobahn--for example, something from BMW or Audi.
Rectangle Font Circle Handwriting Magenta

·
Registered
2018 Murano SL
84 Posts
You can find all kinds of questionable information on the Internet....this is NOT literature from Nissan.

For what it's worth, here's a Car and Driver road test where they found a top speed of 120 mph via instrumented test, limited by governor. That's still crazy fast on public roads. Murano models with 18" wheels use T rated tires which are DOT rated for a max of 118 mph and a manufacturer is not allowed to exceed the tire max speed.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Wow those are high max in CA and Az. Where I live the max is 67mph (110 kph) on a divided highway. Most go 73 mph (120 Kph) and that's plenty fast enough for me.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Wow those are high max in CA and Az. Where I live the max is 67mph (110 kph) on a divided highway. Most go 73 mph (120 Kph) and that's plenty fast enough for me.
Here in Georgia the interstate speeds are 70 mph. Most will do 75-80. After that you’re risking a super speeder ticket

·
Registered
348 Posts
Nissan Murano 2020 whining-whistling noise when driving over 90 mph.
Noise is very loud it start at 85 mph depends if wind blow against you or side ways but constantly start at 90-95 mph. if you drive 100 mph and over noise is very loud.
I am not talking about wind noise it is whistling louder than set belt beeping but constantly.
I complain in the Nissan service but they said they can not help me bc they can not drive/test car faster than speed limit.
Is anyone experience something like that.?
Thank you
Did you buy it brand new from the dealer? If not, check if it was rebuild.
I drove that speed in Montana where speed limit is 80, but was driving over 95, in our Platinum wind sound was more noticeable from pano roof, closed shade and it was much lower.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1 Posts
I drove that speed in Montana where speed limit is 80, but was driving over 95, in our Platinum wind sound was more noticeable from pano roof, closed shade and it was much lower.

I would try taking armor-all to all the rubber door seals jams inside and outside check your antenna even applying armor-all to the antenna and anything that's rubber or plastic even the sun roof,tires then look at bumpers to see if the bumpers are clipped in and on all the way, also possibly some debris or piece of plastic or something gets sucked into your air filter box

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
I spray my door and trunk (and sunroof, if any) seals with silicone at least once a year to keep them supple. Just keep overspray off the paint.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I spray my door and trunk (and sunroof, if any) seals with silicone at least once a year to keep them supple. Just keep overspray off the paint.
Like this two product for that, cant tell which one is better. But seals looks like new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I like the performance of the 303 line of products.

·
Registered
2017.5 Nissan Murano SL
5 Posts
I love all the comments about her driving “too” fast 😂 I hit 100mph sometimes and have no issues and it’s the smoothest ride I’ve been in 🤷🏻‍♂️ I have a 2017.5 SL

21 - 31 of 31 Posts