Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am new to the murano craz...got an '03 sunlit copper w/black leather/ options. I wanted to find out if any one has modified the murano????
1. I want to swap out my stock fog light bulbs for some PIAA's. Has anyone changed these if so how???
2. has any one installed the side nerf bars???& what's your input on these nerf bars???
check out the pic>> http://suvxccessory.com/xccessory/n1k7-209005-2.html

Thanks Rich

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Congrats! Post pics.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, personally I think the "nerf" bars look like they sound. LOL! What is a "nerf" anyways? I used to have a nerf football. Anyhow I don't like them. Also, I don't know about the prices on that site. Even though they sale regular and sale price, I bought the vent shades for $5 less at Auto-Zone, but then I had to pay tax...

The fogs are dim compared to the HID's. I have heard that the Sylvania silverstars are generally whiter. PIAA have a slight blue tint. But neither match exactly. And the OEM bulbs are reportedly rated at 55W. Some have used 80W bulbs but the thought is that's pushing it. The extra heat could pre-maturely damage the lenses/housing. Oh and fogs don't come on with parking lights.

·
Registered
27 Posts
looks ok... kinda too big and sticks out too much.... i wish it was like the oem ones for the pathfinder(maybe it is), just cant tell from that photo...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had nerf bars on my 4-Runner. They helped my then 8-year old climb in, but they were a pain for me. If I stepped on them to enter the truck, I was too far up (I'm only 5'10). If I didn't step on them when I exited I got dirt, mud, snow, etc., all over my pant leg when it brushed against it. I like the way they looked, but they weren't practical for me.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well,
I am considering the "Nerf" bars for my MO. 1. They hide the open air space between the front wheel and rear wheel(gives the MO a fuller look). 2. Helps when you have to wash the top of the MO. 3. keeps the idiots parked next to you from dinging your MO. The only downside I see to the "Nerf" bars is getting in and out of my MO...I would have to pay attention not to dirty my pants.

Not to drop the topic but has anyone seen an aftermarket exhaust system for the MO??? Today I heard the FX45's exhaust on Car and Driver and it's got such a beefy rumble to it. Does Nismo(Nissan's Aftermarket parts) intend on make aftermarket add-on's???

Thanks Rich

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Oooh, I do like the reduction in door dings idea! But they would have to be black and then I'd have to see them photochopped.

See this thread and that thread.

No aftermarket yet.

Have not heard any NISMO plans, but for some reason I doubt there will be, but we'll see. Some of the Z NISMO parts should work just fine though, like the cams. But then we get back to the CVT question.

I don't know if you will ever get it to sound like a V8. But there was one of the Z exhausts that had a nice rumble to it...can't remember which one. Borla maybe. But the Z muffler won't be a direct bolt on. Will have to modify hangers etc. Try a search here.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Enforcer,
I have ordered them in chrome to match the chrome door handles.....When I put them on I will be sure to snap a pic...right now my MO is in the body shop....I took delivery of my MO this year and there were some nicks the dealer guaranteed to to have repaired front hood and bumper painted and a new windshield free of charge....only down side is I got a jeep liberty as a loaner "What a piece of Sh$% !!!" I miss my MO....:(

Rich

·
Registered
278 Posts
We need a part that...

blocks entry to the radiator area through the big cute holes in the lower bumper zone.

Someone here got a stone that killed his A/C and is probably not a warranty item.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hey, they look good!

They even used a blue MO so I could see how it would look.

Yep, matches handles, etc.

I never thought of the parking-fool advantage. Beats the h*** out of rubber! Go ahead, hit the bars. See how well your door does (like the drive of a '75 Chevy cars much about their doors).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Enforcer said:

The fogs are dim compared to the HID's. I have heard that the Sylvania silverstars are generally whiter. PIAA have a slight blue tint. But neither match exactly. And the OEM bulbs are reportedly rated at 55W. Some have used 80W bulbs but the thought is that's pushing it. The extra heat could pre-maturely damage the lenses/housing. Oh and fogs don't come on with parking lights.

www.hoen-usa.com is what I run. Check out the pic from their site.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Enforcer,

Yeah a hair line crack in the windshield....and a few small chips on the front bumper......My mo is still in the body shop....still got to get around in the crappy Jeep Liberty....SUCKS!!! Eventually I will look for 19's or 20's...As much as the chrome wheels will go with my theme...It's too much bling-bling. So I might consider a silver rims...check them out

Rich

Attachments

·
Registered
777 Posts
I 2nd that Enforc, those wheels look good, but I think you'll be surprised with the dirt & brake dust those deep holes catch.

Keep it simple, keep it clean. & keep it :cool:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In response to your opinions....Thats the sacrifice you make...Cleaning them now adays the rims cleaners do a pretty good job.

If you upgrade the brake pads to a semi-carbon metallic pads = less brake dust.

I guess it's a matter of opinion....I like them!!that's all that matters.

Enforcer,
They didn't say how it happened probably when the person drove my MO down from northern NJ. The copper was a hard color to find in the AWD with black leather interior. I have seen so many Mo's on the road in the past week and with envy in my eyes. I can't wait til I get it back.....Does anyone have a recommendation to protect the front of the MO??? I have seen the magnet bra and some clear protectors almost like saran-wrap for the front end....anyone used these???

Rich

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Your right, as long as you are happy that's all that matters. :)

I'm not a fan of any bra that isn't very firmly attached (no movement ever) but again, to each their own. I have the clear bra on the hood of my Z, looks good and works great. Have decided to put a weathertech wind deflector on my MO. You can find discussions on both in accessories.

·
Registered
777 Posts
rh - go for it & be sure to post some pics.
I hope I didn't sound to negative but I like keeping my MO shining & have had some wheels that were a real bear in the past.

Do you remember the TA honey combs?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well,
I finally finished the install of the side step bars....they look awesome. Had a minor set-back mod to the front bracket....

You make the call....I took the pics inside my garage. I will take some outside to give the full effect.

Rich

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts