·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I love mine!

:D G

·
Registered
161 Posts
Seems to me it would be more accurate if they asked after 1 year. In the first 90 days everyone wants to think they made the right decision.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Woun't change for me the 04 was great the 05 greater

FastEddy said:
Seems to me it would be more accurate if they asked after 1 year. In the first 90 days everyone wants to think they made the right decision.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Re: Woun't change for me the 04 was great the 05 greater

GripperDon said:
Woun't change for me the 04 was great the 05 greater
No argument there,
Im referring to everyone didn't get a MO

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
IF they had asked me after 90 days, I would have crucified Nissan! Pretty darn well qualified as a POS.
After 90 days, i had already had more dealer visits (4) to fix "failures" than I had in 7 years with my Chrysler van.
Aside from the fact that it drove out super, I was almost ready to call t quits.
I had 6 failures in 6 mos, and I was not the only one on this board who had problems. Not by a long shot.
It was definitely a love/hate relationship.

The second 6 months were better (2) ........ and...... there were no dealer visits in the entire second year.

I have just started my third year and visited the dealer to have the alt replaced. I do not count that as a failure.
So maybe they need to ask after the 2nd.......or 3rd year too.
I love my MO! (now)

Homer

·
Registered
46 Posts
hfelknor said:
IF they had asked me after 90 days, I would have crucified Nissan! Pretty darn well qualified as a POS.
After 90 days, i had already had more dealer visits (4) to fix "failures" than I had in 7 years with my Chrysler van.
Aside from the fact that it drove out super, I was almost ready to call t quits.
I had 6 failures in 6 mos, and I was not the only one on this board who had problems. Not by a long shot.
It was definitely a love/hate relationship.

The second 6 months were better (2) ........ and...... there were no dealer visits in the entire second year.

I have just started my third year and visited the dealer to have the alt replaced. I do not count that as a failure.
So maybe they need to ask after the 2nd.......or 3rd year too.
I love my MO! (now)

Homer
What you've experienced is one of the reasons why I would never purchase a 1st model year run. Too many quirks that havent been worked out.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
f23a said:
What you've experienced is one of the reasons why I would never purchase a 1st model year run. Too many quirks that havent been worked out.
Mine does not have the quirks :p. Three of my last vehicles I bought were new as first model yr. Not a single regret.

Admit it, if *everyone* is waiting for the 2nd or 3rd year models when buying their cars, than there will never be 2nd or 3rd or 4th yr: the vehicles are not selling on its first year to the point that the manufacturer stop productions of the subsequent yr :4:

For me, having the 1st model yr have its pros and cons.

One of the pros:
Becoming the first one in the block to have the model, just like when My mo is new and I see very few of MO on the road. People giving you thumbs up at stop lights. Nothing can replace that! Girlfriends and friends compliment my ride, parents and parent's friends start to give me respect because finally I can afford a 'real' car, instead of a cluncker.

One of the cons:
Betting on the reliability of the vehicle after 2 yrs. Typically, I will buy Honda, Toyota and NIssan's 1st yr model in a heart beat. Brands that have not-so-good track record (like VW for example), i tend to wait out 2-3 yrs before I decide to buy new model.

So go ahead, wait out the first model yr. I can appreciate your decision. For me, I live my life one day at a time, knowing that I may leave the world even today. Wait out a yr or two for the vehicle I really like and I can afford, seems like an eternity.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I like our Murano. Of the mid-sized SUVs - I think it's the best - that's why I bought it.

'03 - bought in January of '03 and had very few problems with it.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Yea I have an 03.... no regrets about getting first year model. Overall its been a great car. Now lets talk about Nissan dealer service... thats another topic covered numerous times.

IMHO about 90% of the dealers need improvement.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Gonzo said:
Yea I have an 03.... no regrets about getting first year model. Overall its been a great car. Now lets talk about Nissan dealer service... thats another topic covered numerous times.

I agree. In the case of a Murano I think the problem is not the car but the dealer. In my opinion all of us are driving the first year model...The 05 is basically the same as 03, the only major improvement has been the steering pump issue. Otherwise there is no difference....:)

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Well, the factory is apparently tightening the steering rack now.

They also are apparently installing different brake pads since I have seen no complaints of Brake SQUEAL in the 04's or the 05s.

The cars are now coming with Alternators that have been modified for use in CVT equipped cars.

I may be wrong, but I think the CD players are more reliable now.

The steering pump remains an issue with me as I have had to stop doing my famous "Homer Spin" while parallel parking.

04s and 05s come prewired for SAT. We just have a SAT button that does nothing unless you modify the car.

So I would say that in general, the buyer today is getting a "better" car than we did.
Hmmmmnnnn. I wonder what the dealer would give me on a trade in............... :D

Homer

·
Registered
9 Posts
Gonzo said:

03 here and no regrets :D and I just had my alty replaced, this morning.

Unlike some of you guys, my dealer has great customer service.

When I called the other dealers in my area, they both told me a week to look at my Murano. I called the orignal dealer I got the car from and they said bring it in and we'll fix it now. I brought it in this morning and 3 hours later my alternator was replaced, oil and air filter changed.

·
Registered
46 Posts
hfelknor said:
Well, the factory is apparently tightening the steering rack now.

They also are apparently installing different brake pads since I have seen no complaints of Brake SQUEAL in the 04's or the 05s.

The cars are now coming with Alternators that have been modified for use in CVT equipped cars.

I may be wrong, but I think the CD players are more reliable now.

The steering pump remains an issue with me as I have had to stop doing my famous "Homer Spin" while parallel parking.

04s and 05s come prewired for SAT. We just have a SAT button that does nothing unless you modify the car.

So I would say that in general, the buyer today is getting a "better" car than we did.
Hmmmmnnnn. I wonder what the dealer would give me on a trade in............... :D

Homer

It's pretty much a know FACT that whether it's a Lexus or a Dodge, first modely year cars are typically going to have more problems than later models.

Link

1 - 15 of 15 Posts