Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
It looks good but I wish they (GM) would do away with the heavy looking grill...:4:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Check out the airline-style, drop-down trays in the front seat backs. That's pretty slick. However, I doubt they will make it into production. Too bad.

-njjoe

·
Registered
828 Posts
It's ok...... sort of looks like a hyuni santa fe with a little bit (very little) FX to me.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Compared with everything else GM makes, the Enclave is a monumental leap. It should be very competitive if equipped with GM's 3.6L engine (which itself is based on Honda's 3.5L engine - something that came out of the 3.5L engines GM has been buying from Honda to put into Saturn VUEs).

I kind of like the heavy looking front grille, it makes the vehicle look quite substantial. And for a GM, thats a good thing. Years of negative image has led to the perception that GM builds cheap cars, and anything that gives their vehicles more "gravitas" in the styling dept is a welcome change.

I just hope GM doesn't clone this vehicle into a Chevy, Pontiac, GMC, Caddy, etc....

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I just hope GM doesn't clone this vehicle into a Chevy, Pontiac, GMC, Caddy, etc....

If they(GM) continue their money losing ways, it will not only be a Chevy, Pontiac,...et al, but you will almost certainly see a Saab and Isuzu version too!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the platform will be used on the Saturn Outlook and another brand. Supposedly with significantly different metal work. Perhaps they are learning from DCX.

The main thing I like is the interior and it has room for 6, the fact my wife likes it means I can escape having to drive a mini-van. No offense to the more practical minded on the board.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Moved to the Comparisons forum.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
One of the reasons the concept vehicle in the link above looks so "balanced" is because it has huge wheels, 21" to be exact. I would not expect a production version to have anything more than 18" wheels.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I like it too, but I wonder what the cost will be when it finally hits production? Looks like it could be pricey and maybe a Lexus contender if done right.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I listened to the Video on the GM Blog site with Bob Lutz and some points I found interesting:

1. Wheels will still be large but smaller than what’s on the concept (18s would a good guess)
2. The exterior except for the wheels is production.
3. Majority of the interior excluding the multiple LCDs and the full length center console is production. Some trim bits will change but wood will be an option. The roof should make it since I think it’s already on the new Aviator.
4. Third row seat will have much more room than most similar vehicles.
5. Will be available late this year (guessing October or so).
6. Will slot in above the Rendezvous (probably about 32 or 33 to start) so it will compete with the 330, MDX and FX. They can’t price it too high since people will not pay that much for a Buick and they need to lure buyers back to the brand.

·
5,244 Posts
I agree with ekaxel. But it is personal as I am not looking for a large car.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
neo said:
I listened to the Video on the GM Blog site with Bob Lutz and some points I found interesting:

1. Wheels will still be large but smaller than what’s on the concept (18s would a good guess)
2. The exterior except for the wheels is production.
3. Majority of the interior excluding the multiple LCDs and the full length center console is production. Some trim bits will change but wood will be an option. The roof should make it since I think it’s already on the new Aviator.
4. Third row seat will have much more room than most similar vehicles.
5. Will be available late this year (guessing October or so).
6. Will slot in above the Rendezvous (probably about 32 or 33 to start) so it will compete with the 330, MDX and FX. They can’t price it too high since people will not pay that much for a Buick and they need to lure buyers back to the brand.
#3 - Ford (Lincoln) builds the Aviator, which has recently been discontinued in favor of Lincoln's new letter naming scheme.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Must be another vehicle then, I know its on something.

Similar to a Pacifica in function but looks better I think. Pacifica, Enclave and even the Freestyle are basically for people who want the functionlity of a minivan without an actual minivan.

Now all I need to do is figure out how to swing 2, 30k plus vehicles within 1 year of each other. :eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts