Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do we have a Murano club in GTA?
I ask this because it seems fellow Murano drivers seem to always acknowledge each other. And this past weekend, 3 Muranos including me sped down the highway and boy that was nice!

·
Registered
28 Posts
loving my Murano

I totally agree. I have a 2003 SE Glacier Pearl and I admire all Muranos out there, it seems I'm not the only one doing so.

:1:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've noticed it too...

As a former motorcyclist, I am reminded of the unmentioned pact that all cyclists have with one another when their paths cross on the highway.
I too have experienced the acknowledgement of fellow Murano owners while traveling down the freeway. I've been a Murano owner since July and have had a number of 'NON-Murano' owners 'googling' over my car, giving me the 'thumbs up', and rubber necking as the pass to just see the front of it... At first we thought they all just had problems-- until we realized it's the car, not the people inside that they were gawking at.

I love my car!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah same thing for me. The first week I drove the car to work a few people stopped me to tell me they love my car and asked me if it's a good car because they want one.
And I am sure because us owners love our Muranos so much that we can't help but to acknowledge each other.....it's not as if this kind of mutual acknowledgement will happen when you drive a Highlander or Explorer.

·
4,601 Posts
Well, there was talk before of a GTA Murano club.... Some of the guys even got together for a single meet, but that's where it ended.

Now there's way more on the road, it might be easier to do. When I first got mine, I was lucky to see another all week, now I see 5-6 a day it seems.

It's been a while since anyone's chased me down and yelled "What is it?". Now they all know what it is and tell me it's cool. Or would be cool if it was clean. #&%*# Winter!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah that would be cool to have like a meet....semi-annually or sth.....
I think now most of the people now what the Murano is and they do say it's cool...but I've had a few ops to speed against other MOs in the GTA area in the 2 mths I've owned the car.

Yep the winter is damn harsh...I haven't been able to keep the giant bunny (as my friends call my MO) clean.

·
4,601 Posts
Giant Bunny! What colour is it? Mine's the Great Pumpkin, being copper....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine's white...that's why! And I think Arturo is the other white one around town (Mississauga).

·
4,601 Posts
Kinda figured it was white. The great white rabbit! That's too funny, because the back end, just needs the fluffy tail!

I've never been keen on white, but the Murano's white is really nice. I remember seeing one on sunny day and just staring at the depth in that paint...

So... What's up Doc?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm not a fan of white specially on cars. Before I bought my MO I was leaning towards the Pewter but when I saw the "Glacier Pearl" I changed my mind instantly, I find that depending on the lighting it fools your eye, not to mention is not a very common colour, I still think they should'nt charge you more for it. As for the GTO MO club we should do some sort of get together specially now that spring has arrived.

·
4,601 Posts
Wow, never heard of anyone charging more for any Murano colour!

A get together? Definately!!!

·
4,601 Posts
Wow, so it is.... Right there on the www.nissan.ca website. Not that I didn't believe you, but I was curious if they listed it.

That should be easy to deal with. Hey sales guy. You want to sell me this vehicle. You're not going to let a $200 option get in the way, are you? I want it, you want me to have it. What's that option worth? A lost sale? You think about it, as I walk back to my car to look up then next Nissan dealer location.:D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah uncommon color it WAS!
When I bought mine last year..I had to wait over 2 mths for it and hardly ever saw one on the streets...and now it seems they are everywhere.
I had to pay the $285, especially since it had to be ordered from Japan.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts